Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i dd a 92 5.0 lx

and i found my vacuum leak. its a thin black hose running from behind the intake between the engine and firewall. im not quite sure what it does but its not connected to anything at all

i also have a ton of other vacuum lines that id like to connect. im not too hip on all the vacuum line lingo so diagrams are difficult to read and apply

can you guys help me pinpoint what each line in the harness does and where it may go? also im in ca so i need to be a able to pass smog. do any of these affect emissions?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
"If" the thin black plastic line that show in your first pic come from under the intake the it will go to the vacuum block you're showing in your second pic.

If the thin line doesn't come out from under the intake but runs from the large vacuum T on the drivers side and runs along the top of the pinch weld then it will go to the check valve for your heat, ventilation, and A/C and that check valve is just above you heater core.

Yes your second pics deal strictly with vacuum to your emission components.

This should help with your vacuum line problem.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/295135-mass-air-hookup.html#post2562709

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Those look like th TAB tad solenoids vac and the ac vac. If you have no tab or ac then cap those lines at the tree or intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts