Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've been doing projects on my 1966 coupe, I've been amassing a small collection of old original ford parts, from suspension components (LCAs, UCAs, springs, etc.) a number of light switches. I can always just take these to the local recycling center periodically, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little guilty about scrapping ford originals. Is there anyone who accepts old parts to refurbish and sell so I don't have to just throw these things away?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
As I've been doing projects on my 1966 coupe, I've been amassing a small collection of old original ford parts, from suspension components (LCAs, UCAs, springs, etc.) a number of light switches. I can always just take these to the local recycling center periodically, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little guilty about scrapping ford originals. Is there anyone who accepts old parts to refurbish and sell so I don't have to just throw these things away?
Hi,
While I agree, it seems a shame to toss'em, it is cheaper for most people to just buy new. In the case of UCAs and LCAs, they can be rebuilt by us anal types, but, trying to that market may be difficult.
Posting this question here is a start. Posting in other mustang forums is more aggressive. Cleaning them, rebushing, and replacing ball joints is anal marketing. What's a new UCA go for, $75-85?
Springs are 40 plus years old and are not rebuild-able. Electricals, if working, why not keep for a spare?
When I rebuilt my '64 May built cvt., I kept every part I replaced, down to the nuts and bolts, and except for the springs, front and rear.

Hope this helps you decide.

·
Registered
351 Posts
put them on craigslist and sell for very cheap, couple dollars in your pocket and someone that needed that part is satisfied.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i keep most everything...bag & tag it all. I tossed the brake drums and other misc brake parts (cept for the cylinders) I happen to have a storage room in the garage, so that helps.

Old bolts and stuff can be cleaned up with a Dremel and re-used. besides, i think the original hardware looks better then some of the new nuts & bolts that you can get. :yup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts