Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just did an engine swap in my 91 gt. I took the motor from an 89, but the motor itself is an 86. It was carbureted, and im putting my fuel injection on it. It came with a summit racing ignition box and distributor. The problem im running into is that my distributor has a little computer chip on the side of it. It also has a plug on the front of it where my computer from the car plugs into. The summit racing distributor only has a plug that the ignition box plugs into. Is there anyway i can use this ignition system with my fuel injection? Any info would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
you should be able to use the ignition box still, but i don't think the dizzy's going to work. you need the ignition control module that's on there. is there a part number or picture you can supply us? might help a little bit more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright. would i be able to buy just a distributor that will work with the ignition box that i already have. If so, do you know which model? thanks

·
Registered
45,741 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
45,741 Posts
You can use the same ignition box, do you have the instructions on how to wire it in? There might also be a harness adapter to make it easy to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.