Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna take out my rear seat because it never gets used and its kinda like the ugly piece of furnature you put in the back room noone goes in....BUT it makes my car look terrible w/o it... I would buy a kit but (1) 86' Notch kits are hard to find (2) theyre alot of money for what theyre made of, has anyone made their own before? Im not talking about a towel thrown down either I mean something that looks factory...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly but its $300 for a piece of particle wood with carpet... Im going to try an make one but im just wondering if anyone else had done the same with good results..

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've seen some done, if you're handy with tools and woodworking, you can make one yourself. I'm about to myself. Maybe someone has made their own.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
How much weight do you actually save doing the rear seat delete on an SN95? I don't think the rear seats weigh very much.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure about exact weight but it's about 50-60lbs but with a seat delete your removing about 15-20lbs..but im planning on putting a bar in mine and that seat is coming out anyway...

·
Registered
398 Posts
you lose 50lbs, thats what Im doing on mine. My car its a 2 seater anyways ;) on Mustangs Unlimited they have it for $159 for 94-98 coupes its sounds like a lot, anyone know a place like rig34750 did, in that page they only have it for 79-93 and for $109 its not expensive...

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
How hard could it be to make your own seat delete? SEEMS pretty easy, but I also thought putting my Full Length headers in was going to be a simple job!!! LoL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.