Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the black billet grille overlay sold by American Muscle among other places.

But I just realized, since it doesn't remove the stock grille and goes right over it, can it negatively affect airflow into the engine bay/radiator to a significant (power draining) degree? D:

·
Registered
297 Posts
on my 2006 GT, i installed billet grills upper and lower, i doubt they restricted air flow at all, may have re-directed it a bit though.

definately a nice mod to do, easy and quick

·
Registered
101 Posts
Runs no different temp wise. Its a pita to put the bottom one in if you have a intercooler but it protects it and looks great :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
As previously said, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is the stock grille noticable underneath the overlay?

·
Registered
494 Posts
So how does the overlay apply? Snap in ect?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
i dont know if i could do an overlay. I would always see the honeycomb underneath and be bothered by it. I wish they had a grill that was black that had an area for the foglights

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont know if i could do an overlay. I would always see the honeycomb underneath and be bothered by it. I wish they had a grill that was black that had an area for the foglights
SAME. I had the exact same thought. I'm hoping I won't OCD over it too much and end up taking it off. I wish they had that type of grille too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
we should make one lol. :laugh: i was thinking of buying an overlay and putting it on and cutting out the honeycomb just enough that I could keep the the mustang on there and hold the lights in place but get rid of the honeycomb. But I would have to buy the overlay and see if it would work. Plus my light extenstions might mess up the little sides too. :nogrinner

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I did the next best thing... Just put my stock fog lights behind my black billet grille. Here's some pictures...

Before the emblem...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Grille
As of now.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did the next best thing... Just put my stock fog lights behind my black billet grille. Here's some pictures...

Before the emblem...
View attachment 100840
As of now.
View attachment 100839
I thought about doing something like that, but I'm too attached to having my foglights exposed, I recently put blue tints on them.

what does that setup look like with the foglights turned on, though? I'm curious to see :U

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.