Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Aeromotive regulator that i bought used. It doesn't hold pressure after engine is cut off. Just want to know if they are suppose to hold pressure??

·
Registered
511 Posts
there shouldnt be any pressure when you shut the car off and turn the ignition to off. it should only hold pressure if you shut down the engine and keep your key in the on position. with it in the on position your fuel pump will run for a few seconds and build pressure. with the ignition turned off it will not, hence why you wouldnt have pressure with it turned off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put my stock regulator back on and it holds pressure after I turn car off with key in off position.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
The regulator would have gas in the vac line or not hold the correct pressure when running between idle and WOT. All systems will slowly leak down after the car is off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesnt slowly leak down. As soon as I shut car off key off pressure drops to zero with aeromotive regulator. I put the stock reg. back on and it holds.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another problem I have is with the stock regulator on the fuel pressure is at 40 at idle and 45 with vaccum off. Could this be because of 255 pump or wore out old stock regulator or a bad guage?

·
Registered
382 Posts
you need a new regulator,it shouldn't drop as soon as you cut the engine off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts