Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard that I would have to upgrade the rear end on my 2010 v6 mustang if i wanted to have a super charger put on... but ive also heard that i didnt need to upgrade it as long as i wasnt putting slicks on... does anyone know about this? i still havent decided if i wanted to get a super charger or if i want to just wait until i pay this stang off and get the newest gt that they will have out in 5 years...lol i know its a long ways away and idk if ill wait that long but i plan on keeping this mustang (my 1st mustang until its run into the ground or until i pay it off)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes I would stay away from slicks for sure with the 7.5 rear.

If you plan on putting out the 7 or 8+ thousand dollars the supercharger will probably cost to be installed and tuned and working properly and safely, then you may as well spend another grand on the 8.8 rear IMO. You'll also probably need to beef up the stock sixer suspension a bit too. It takes a lot of money to do a supercharged car right.

A lot of people will just add the blower and give you rwhp numbers. That means nothing if that power doesn't translate to quicker ETs.

If you have say ten grand to blow on the s/c and rear, why not put it and your car down on a 5.0? You'll have more rwhp stock than a s/c'd 4.0 with stock internals. And you can keep it totally stock so you'll have a nice juicy warranty. Once you add that s/c, it's bye bye warranty:yup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
8.8 will give you more passes..add a differential to that and you will have a wicked launch..

now here's my take on the whole dont supercharge it go to a bigger car theory

the ford mustang 5.0 is a 412/390 car v8 and a slightly reasonable gas mileage for an engine its size..it also starts a 30500 (if im not wrong)

now from what i've spent on my v6..supercharged and all with all the little bolt on shabangs i'm well below (well well!) the mark of 30500..and im pulling decent horsepower..(enough to smoke v6s and 'certain' v8s)

i have to mention at the same time the camaro ss (as ugly as it is) with a bigger engine and more mileage is available at 31500...not a big price difference

the possibilities are endless with more money but there's one thing i can guarantee..a supercharged car..v6 or v8 will still be more fun to drive then a stock car with a bigger engine...and plus once you get into setting up everything..you will learn a lot about your car..

·
Registered
344 Posts
For me the decision would be a lot easier. I hate the new body style, so I would go the X-charger route. Like said before, if your gonna go that far you might as well get the MTO 8.8 rear for the extra K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts