Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my car has been apart for around 2 weeks now... I have been working on and off mounting my intercooler and routing it. First off, I cannot seem to get the right combination of tubing to reach the intake. Do I need to cut the fender or something? I have a power pipe I need to fit down there too... And I have a Paxton Novi 1000 and realize that I may need a new bracket for it. Is this true? I need to turn the head outlet pipe down so I can connect the intake intercooler tube to it.

Thanks in advance! I cannot wait to just get my car back together.

P.S.
I have a new pully for the SC and I cannot for the life of me get the old one off.. Do you suggest bringing it to a shop and have em use an air gun?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
you don't need a new bracket, you'll need to clock the discharge of the head unit differently though..And yes you'll need an impact to get the pulley off it has loctite on the bolt..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you don't need a new bracket, you'll need to clock the discharge of the head unit differently though..And yes you'll need an impact to get the pulley off it has loctite on the bolt..
Should I put red loctite on that bad boy after I put the new one on??

EDIT:

By clocking, you mean loosening the back bolts and turning it so that the outlet faces down? The reason I think I would have to notch the bracket is because I think my oil inlet would hit the bracket... I cannot remember as I am not in front of it right now. I'll see if I can find a picture or something.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yes loctite the blower pulley bolt when installing the new one. And yes clocking is facing the blower outlet down, that's how mine is, there shouldn't be a clearance issue..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I will get the pulley on and clock it on Saturday. I will post updates because part of me is so sure the oil inlet hits. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty then, silly me! It turns out I was looking at it the wrong way. I clocked it, and remounted it after putting the new pulley on and it fits perfectly. Thank you for the help! Now I just need to get a reducer to finish my power-pipe and finish the other piping! Woot Woot! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts