Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have purchased some 24 lb. injectors for my 04 gt. I am wanting to know if by installing these will i need to upgrade my MAF and also will I need an upgraded tune. I am currently running a hypertec tuner which does not allow for injector tuning. Also is the install tough? thankyou

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
from what i understand, installing injectors isnt hard, im not sure if it will need a tune but i do know the car will run much smoother with a tune, you also shouldnt need a bigger maf.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
a complete waste of money, however, yes you need a matched mass air, yes you need a custom tune...really, save them for a day the engine has major mods and requires them or resell them, zero performance gains

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I understand I wont be gaining hp yet but gotem for 50$ still in the box so deff a good buy. Obviously the stock injectors place limits on what can be done so I will need them at somepoint for sure.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well they sell on Ebay all day for $50 ish...by the time you might need them you probably want something bigger, I have 60# on my cobra to support the blower

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
24lb injectors aren't really going to extend your hp limit for future mods by very much. They're more injector than your car currently needs, and not enough injector for a mild hp jump like you would have with new heads/cams. In short, they're pretty much useless imo. Since you got a good deal on them, I would try to flip them for a couple extra bucks and use the money on a useful mod that you can begin enjoying right now.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
24lb injectors aren't really going to extend your hp limit for future mods by very much. They're more injector than your car currently needs, and not enough injector for a mild hp jump like you would have with new heads/cams. In short, they're pretty much useless imo. Since you got a good deal on them, I would try to flip them for a couple extra bucks and use the money on a useful mod that you can begin enjoying right now.
yeah, +1...what I meant to say

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I definetly agree, wasnt going to point out that they were useless as you had said you already knew, most nice setups, especially forced induction setups use atleast 48 pound injectors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea my buddy sold them to me because he just bought 60 lb. for his procharger. I appreciate the insight and have found this helpful. I had read they were good up to like 320 hp, not true?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Yea my buddy sold them to me because he just bought 60 lb. for his procharger. I appreciate the insight and have found this helpful. I had read they were good up to like 320 hp, not true?
320fwhp sounds about right if I had to guess. But injector and maf sizing really has more to do with an engine's airflow capabilities than it does hp numbers. Done correctly, there's a scientific/mathmatical calculation involved.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
I definetly agree, wasnt going to point out that they were useless as you had said you already knew, most nice setups, especially forced induction setups use atleast 48 pound injectors.
+1 to all the above except I dunno what this guy's talking about. ^^^^^
You can flip fuel injectors and just about anything else with a quickness on Craigslist. I hocked some 38's in less than a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts