Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

I have a 2011 V6, and am looking to purchase OEM 19'' track pack or california special rims with the tires already on them.

Are they essentially plug and play, or do I need to worry about a Tire Pressure Monitor System if the tires are already on?

Also- Should I be concerned with grinding or rubbing on fenders?

Any help given before I spend the money would be much appreciated-

Rich

·
Registered
163 Posts
Assuming they already have oem tpms sensors installed, you will need the tool to synch them with the car. I think the tool runs about $40-50. Or take to the dealer and let them synch it for $40-50 every time you rotate or swap wheels.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
As long as they have the TPMS already there it should be OK.
My winter wheels are OEM V6 wheels I got from Roush and I never even had to use the tool to sync them when I changed them and then when I changed them back.
You might need to put Steering stops in if you are going from 17's to 18's or 19's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as they have the TPMS already there it should be OK.
My winter wheels are OEM V6 wheels I got from Roush and I never even had to use the tool to sync them when I changed them and then when I changed them back.
You might need to put Steering stops in if you are going from 17's to 18's or 19's
Thanks for the replies!

Do you think I'll definitely need the steering stops? Do the 17''s require different steering ratio?

To be honest, I'm looking to further enhance the look of my mustang, and figured if I need new tires soon anyway, new wheels would be an easy, quick way to go. I don't want to start messing with suspension etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just put a set of 2013 gt wheels on my 10. I drove it for about 25 miles and the light flashed and is now on. I got these off craigslist so I am hoping I did'nt get scammed. Guy told me they had sensors. But maybe they just need to be calibrated. :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.