Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just purchased a ranger header and it does not have anything for the egr tube. do i even need it and if not is there a block off plate i can get, or just plug up the tube? any help would be great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id ont really care about that, i just wanted to knw if the car would run. i took it off and it wouldnt go over 30mph. is there somthing i can get to trick the sensor into thinking its there? right now i have it rigged on there. also i took my cats off and got the same results, any reason why? any help would be great

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well where can i get an egr tube or nut for the manifold, all the parts store round here cant get it, and all headers are gone at salvage yard, looked for hours, any one know where i can get a tube and nut or have one they want to sell or get rid of let me know cause i need one, got it riged up right now but makes car run rough :sosad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you missing the EGR bung on the header?

I going to salvage yard again friday, I have seen all the AGR stuff there on a few stangs.

You can make a de;ete, but just remeber the cencequences if you get cought.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the bung with the threads on it, but its a tube header off of a ranger and the bung is smaller than the one on the manifold that i took off, also its back a little further. so i need the tube and nut off of a 95-98 ranger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
redhotstang00 said:
well you may need it for your state what the laws on emission there?
Very True about some States (and Provinces) Requiring it for Emmisions Tests.

Had a Block Plate Between My EGR and Intake, and Hollowed Cat on my Turbo motor and it passed the E-Test for Ontario, Canada. LOL. It looks like its all there... but its not!!! LMAO

The Equipment was actually doing nothing for my mustang either... Hollowed Cat and Seized EGR (Closed) It passed Ontario, Canada, Emmisions Standards as well.

Even if it looks functional but its not... You sort of need it to prevent trouble with the DMV / Police / Emmisions Police.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Make a reto fitted ERG, Ranger off the manifold, and Mustang on the intake. Connect with a high temp rubber tube and clamps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my egr tube has been disconnected for months now, i dont have any problems driving, and i havnt been told to do anything with it yet by any authoritive figures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.