Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 05 GT Coupe Auto with a vortech water cooled supercharger complete with full replacement performance exhaust system( ford racing headers, bassani x pipe and corsa cat back) 20" Rims, full body kit, lowering springs and shocks etc. Right now the car is running fine. I NEED MORE POWER!!

I am having the gears changed to 3.73, and want the Steeda Charge Motion Control Plates, a new Torque convertor, AND a lightweight driveshaft.

Can I use my Diablo Predator that came with the Supercharger to remap the ECU for all thse latest changes OR do I need to have this done at a dyno facility?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
DYNO! :worship

Man! That is gonna be a beast and I'm envious to say the least!

Many of the dyno shops can burn chips, but I'm not sure they can reprogram every type out there.

I'd get a price from them for a chip and the dyno tune.

Buying a generic chip might put you spot on tune wise, but it might not.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Get a MD fuel upgrade system with a BAP first, to be safe and to not 'run out of fuel'! Maybe even some 60 lb injectors...

Anderson has a CAI. Vortech has a pulley...

Dyno and tune it all with your Diablo and you should be good for +500!

You might wanna hold on the gearing as you'll have enough to get of the line without it... problem will be oposite, to get the power to the ground!

For street driving with the ocational rolling umph your motor might hold up... Do your self, your car and any bystanders a favour and get a one piece driveshaft and a safety loop. BMR and Powerhouse have them...

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
ponypower said:
I have an 05 GT Coupe Auto with a vortech water cooled supercharger complete with full replacement performance exhaust system( ford racing headers, bassani x pipe and corsa cat back) 20" Rims, full body kit, lowering springs and shocks etc. Right now the car is running fine. I NEED MORE POWER!!

I am having the gears changed to 3.73, and want the Steeda Charge Motion Control Plates, a new Torque convertor, AND a lightweight driveshaft.

Can I use my Diablo Predator that came with the Supercharger to remap the ECU for all thse latest changes OR do I need to have this done at a dyno facility?
We're going to have to see some pictures of this ride!

·
Registered
487 Posts
ponypower said:

Having an auto myself, I can tell you that it really responds to gearing. And a torque converter would really get things moving. Just make sure you have some drag radials before going to the track, you are going to need them for sure to get the power to the ground. People are running low 12's high 11's with nothing more then some DR's, 100-125hp n20, 4.10's, and a 3000rpm converter...I would expect nothing less from your set up!! GOOD LUCK at the track, and I second the motion for some pics! Sweet!

·
Registered
114 Posts
pics pics we need pics :laughlitt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Driving that car in London...nice! I grew up in Chelsea SW3...what part you from?

·
Registered
47 Posts
And get the 4.10's! I have them for my auto....insane power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts