Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am takeing the 2005 4.0 automatic stock Pony to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. With the high altitudes there should I be concerened about air intake?

I want to change the air filter before I leave to help w/ the airflow but was woundering if I should do any thing else. With these new computer controlled engines, I suppose everything adjust automatically for performance.

MNBen

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Dont worry about a thing all will be just fine, change or clean the air filter & oil change is all you really need :yup: Have fun and enjoy !!

P.S. I have lived at higher altitude ( Idaho ) for years and the only thing is you might get better gas mileage which is a good thing. Love the Tetons and Yellowstone Park they awesome places to visit ( you must see the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone its awe inspiring :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
677 Posts
Our local Mustang club (Yellowstone Mustang Club) just made a run into Yellowstone park this past weekend..we only had 10 cars go, but, it was a blast..No one had any problem with the altitudes and in one case, we were over 10k high..It is beautiful up there now, very green and most of the flowers are in full bloom. On your trip, visit Cooke City..and have a Buffalo burger! haha.. Good luck and enjoy.. I live120 miles fron the Park..

·
Registered
53 Posts
it shouldn't be a problem at all... just make sure to clean your filter. and most importantly have fun and enjoy the views :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
910 Posts
being up high is a problem for carburators. not for ecm controlled injection. you will get better mpg up there. borrowing from my aircraft experience... your indicated airspeed will be less. in car terms... you can drive 70 for the work of going 60.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts