Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I took my 07 GT w/ bolt ons for it's 15,000 check up. While I was killing time I happened upon 2008 Bullit, #2388. It's one of the few of the 7,000 that has been painted black.

At any rate, the dealer saw me eyeballing it and got me into thinking about trading mine in for the Bullit. I understand it's his job to get me into the newest and greatest thing and to make some money. But I am also actually interested in the Bullit.

If I did swap, I would be leaving the Bullit compeltelty stock. It'd treat it like the Goddess it is and mave some fun but not too much.

The hard part is making the descion, do I want to keep my current car and continue to modify it? Or do I own a piece of Mustang history? Both choices would make me happy, just different types of happy.

I just wanted to hear what everyone here thought and what they would recomend based on their experience.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
if you can afford it go with the bullet but before and if you trade it in i'd convert your GT back to stock and shelf your mods

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strangely, the dealer said he'd give me extra on the trade in value for the car to keep the mods.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep your car. The Bullitt was already released once before, I'm personally kind of sick of all these special edition cars. Plus, you're more inclined to keep it stock since it's a Bullitt, which is no fun.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
but it's also fun bragging that you have a limited edition bullet mustang, keep it clean and win shows with it being stock. idk dude i'd take the bullet and save for a 5.0 to kill haha

if you can pull a fast one over on the dealer and your UD pullies are black like the stockers still swap them out then ebay.. lmao

·
Registered
726 Posts
I say take the extra you would spend on purchasing the Bullit and add more mods. It is a nice car, but not worth getting rid of what you have. If you planned on putting it in the garage and not driving it for 20-30 yrs, It might be worth something, but thats no fun!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd say take the Bullitt. It drives like a dream and sounds like one too. Seats are nicer than your GT, dash is cool, steering wheel is cool, wheels are cool, everything is cool. Take the Bullitt, I would bet major bucks that you don't regret it.

G

·
The GT500 is indeed an entirely different animal to a GT.

That said, the gimmick cars being hawked by Ford are simply trying to seperate you from your wallet.

CS
Shelby GT
GT-H
Bullet

Are all a cold air intake-flash away from stock with a huge mark up.

I think Ford needs to stop the gimmicks and build a REAL different S197 if they intend to stir old school sentiments about yesteryear.

Like a 302 similar to the Saleen Parnelli Jones albeit not quite the markup. A solid torquey 5.4 in NA could be nice as well.

Bolting on parts that you find in the waiting room of service department, slapping on a rape charge is kind of lame to me.

But hey, if your hellbent on it, it is a S197...can't go wrong...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah.....

Nevermind, I've just recieved my assignment for Army recruiting. I'm going to ALBANY!!!! F*&^%ING New York! So, I won't be buying the Bullit. And now Rachel is getting garaged in St. Louis.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
probably for the better, having a stock car would be no fun :hihi:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
indeed, not-stocks are loads of fun :)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i'm not far from albany im over in buffalo hope to see ya!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Bullitt is nice, seeing as I own one. However, it really is just a green GT with a CAI/tune and some slight exterior/interior differences. These cars won't be worth much more than a standard GT in a few years.....just look at the 01 Bullitt.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
stock sucks and trust me you wont be winning shows with a clean stock bullet if that was the case I would sale my car and and buy one. Maybe in 30 years from now if you keep it original but not right now. No one is going to award you best of show or any awards for a car that you put no effort into other then washing it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah.....

Nevermind, I've just recieved my assignment for Army recruiting. I'm going to ALBANY!!!! F*&^%ING New York! So, I won't be buying the Bullit. And now Rachel is getting garaged in St. Louis.
Hey Richard, I'm from Albany! Not far from where I live now :)

Maybe if you're nice I'd give you a ride in my black beast to curb your itch... :hihi:

And definitely keep your car. Half the fun is making it your own. Even if you don't change a SINGLE thing from this day forward, your car is still ONE OF A KIND. ;) Can't say the same for the Bullitt... the BULLITT... notice the I I I I I I I I I I I to the T T T T T T T T T people?? :nono:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I don't really get the Bullitt attraction. As far as I'm concerned it's just a dressed-down GT. :scratchchin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.