Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that certain car manufacturers verified that their car robs interfere with RSA tokens...I was wondering, what about Mustangs? I would love to have only one key chain and would hate having to put this thing on my badge like some super nerd/having it play slap happy with my leg.

Usual time for a token to get fried by a fob is 2-3 weeks. I guess the alternative is I will post an update in a month :)

Also, my understanding is the RSA does not actually broadcast and is based on a preset seed that is paired to a server and a time, so when you "transmit" it is only you inputing the numbers. This means that the token will not mess up my fob, right?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I use an RSA token and no, it does not affect anything.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not heard of this issue before but no, RSA tokens don't transmit.

My guess would be some key fobs transmit on frequencies that cause just enough inductive current in the token to throw off the clock so it's not synced up to the master server. That or it messes up bit somewhere and throws of the actual number.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had one im my pocket for the past 5 months with my 2011 key and no problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know that certain car manufacturers verified that their car robs interfere with RSA tokens...I was wondering, what about Mustangs? I would love to have only one key chain and would hate having to put this thing on my badge like some super nerd/having it play slap happy with my leg.

Usual time for a token to get fried by a fob is 2-3 weeks. I guess the alternative is I will post an update in a month :)

Also, my understanding is the RSA does not actually broadcast and is based on a preset seed that is paired to a server and a time, so when you "transmit" it is only you inputing the numbers. This means that the token will not mess up my fob, right?
My Ford RSA token does not mess up my mustang key fob :bounce2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts