Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do smaller blowers "spool" up better

like if i had a v-3 sci-trim and a v-3 s-trim and pullied the sci-trim to make as much boost at s-trim at red-line would the sci-trim get into boost faster than the bigger s-trim?

im looking for good mid-range power for the street without a kennebell or turbo

·
Registered
912 Posts
im not a pro with boost, but i belive it depend on the internals of the s/c like an engine the lighter they are the easyer they are to turn, the more rps they can go, but i dont know if one will spool faster then the other being they are driven off the belt. im sure someone who knows a bit more about this will help you out, but alteast ill give it a bump

·
Registered
636 Posts
the only gain with ALL ELSE equal would be less parasitic loss/drag on the engine turning the smaller blower. turbos are a different story...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Not really, it's just the smaller the blower the less power it takes to turn it, Mike. SCT Tuner. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I dont see it making a difference a smaller turbine is going to put less drag on the motor but also going to push less air therefore you have to change pulley size Id say in the end they are the same. Turbo is a different story.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i think a s-trim will be good

how much psi do you guys think it will make blowin thru gt40ps and a cobra intake

my goal is to max out the block, then in a few years a 347 with a aftermarket block

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I ordered mine through Jegs then sent back the pullies since I had ud's and got the right setup. To max the block you will need 10# (which is very possible on a sc trim) 255 lph Walbro high pressure pump $125 and methanol injection which costs $350 and $5 every full fill up. You will need a tune and chip $650. You can also send the FMU, air filter, air box, elbow, etc back and buy a used Pro M meter & 42# inj., abs power pipe. Eventually you will want to junk those heads.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
If your goal later is a 347 w/ bunch of boost you may even consider getting used 50# inj and Pro M meter so you will have enough later.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can return the parts back to summit or jeggs thats part of a kit?

ill return the fmu, air inlet,elbow,filter how much money do they give back for that?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone know how much summit will buy back the fmu and air inlet with filter and elbow

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
there not supposed to but I did it! Why if they sell a kit cant yoiu buy the kit you want

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.