Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since driving around in my Mustang more (thank Jebus for nice weather finally) I've gotten some headlight / drivinglight flashes while on the road from other owners during the daytime. I've NEVER gotten this kind of... sense of community(?) from other vehicles and honestly, it feels good!

I do the same now, either initiating it or reciprocating it. I have noticed though that a majority of the younger drivers (i.e. young punk kids... I KID, I KID!!! :hihi:) don't do it but almost all middleaged to older people do it (initiate and reciprocate).

Do you?

G

·
Hi Daryle...

Here are a few other posts on this topic.... I've not had any luck with stangers here in NJ, they all have tudes... :gringreen I give the peace sign, if you get the one finger salute - you made me mad. :D

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

·
Registered
191 Posts
I get alot of that too..... at minimum the head nod and the occasional headlight flash. The best one EVER was about a month ago when I pulled up on the left side of a scion tc with the "rice package" (fart cannon and all) and a roush stage 3 pulled up next to him. We all took off , the roush guy was actually nice enough to keep his foot off the gas enough so that we could smoke the tc but not make me look horrible by leaving me behind and at the next light the roush guy and I were just laughing and the guy in the tc just rolled his windows up,turned his music down and went really slow....

I have never found myself hating on other mustang owners, if anything I like checkin them out and admiring their mods.

and not to mention the humility needed for some other owners (eg; roush or heavily modded stang, I just wave em off and not even bother trying to race*)

*I don't condone nor encourage street racing, but sometimes the situation calls for it. Nevertheless . . . . drive carefully and keep it on the track!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do acknowledge other drivers

The best one was when a 2003, same color, but a stock v6, pulled up on my left and waved. She was fiftyish, but hey - a Mustang driver's a Mustang driver.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Here in VA, most Mustang drivers give a wave or nod. Not much attitude in these parts. I always wave, or give a thumbs up. :bigthumbsup

G

·
out here theres alot of that eithier a wave or a quick rev of the ponys most of us gt owners the younger ones all hang out together its pretty cool

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Do you acknowledge other Mustang owners on the road?
I am the owner of three Mustangs, but I don't signal to any Mustang drivers when driving. I don't want them wondering "why is that Fiero driver waving at me? Am I supposed to know him? Is he trying to signal that he wants to race against me?"

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I don't get much love on the road. Have had a few snap camera phone pictures and been flashed a few fingers too (and generally not a thumbs-up) :)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I don't get much love on the road. Have been flashed a few fingers too (and generally not a thumbs-up).
Maybe its your driving habits and not your car?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am the owner of three Mustangs, but I don't signal to any Mustang drivers when driving. I don't want them wondering "why is that Fiero driver waving at me? Am I supposed to know him? Is he trying to signal that he wants to race against me?"
*Do you acknowledge other Mustang owners on the road while driving yours?

Heh, fixed so you Mustang owners don't get confused for those that actually drive their Mustangs :wavey

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
294 Posts
I try to initiate but, i rarely if ever get an acknowledgment here in Pa

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Here in New Mexico us cowboys stick together when it comes to our horses.We wave ,thumbs up,peace signs,nice car,and we stick together.No this ain`t no Broke Back Mountain S***. It is comradery.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If I see a modded stang, i'll nod or thumbs up. I have gotten a few waves and nods from other stang drivers around here.

I even got one guy in an suv ask me if my car was a saleen, 'cause he used to own one. lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
I do a half assed "hello" wave from the steering wheel, 1 hand on the stick one on the wheel, so it's not like I can ut my arm out the window and flap like a turd. And I'll nod with a thumbs up to guys that pull up next to me.

I don't reserve it for just Mustangs though, pretty much any V8 muscle or sports car, Vettes, Firebirds, Camaros, etc. Not so much on the V6's unless I can see they have have some mods, not V6 stockers typically unless they initiate.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
*Do you acknowledge other Mustang owners on the road while driving yours?

Heh, fixed so you Mustang owners don't get confused for those that actually drive their Mustangs :wavey
LOL, damn you beat me to it.. nah just playing thought.. that was one hell of a burn :nogrinner

·
Registered
213 Posts
Best compliment I have gotten was from an older gentlemen in a '57 Chevy convertible. We were passing each other through a 4-way stop and I had my window down and heard him say "nice car" as I passed him. It just felt good to get that compliment from a guy who obviously knows cars. A Chevy driver complimenting a Ford driver is also great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.