Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard GT grill and have found myself using the fog lamps more often for a couple reasons. I like the extra light at night and I think it looks cool. I was curious how often and in what conditions other GT owners use theirs.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i use mine all the time for regular roads, cept on highways i use my HIDS

·
Registered
400 Posts
Almost exclusively. I have blackout covers on the headlights. 90% of the time...it's more than enough light. If I'm driving in the country, I take the covers off and use the headlights.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I have had them on but never have used them while driving.

·
Registered
933 Posts
my fogs are lower on the facia and not in the grille.. I haven't driven the car much at all but will probably only use them when they're needed..
I told a buddy that I wished mine were in the grille (I just like the look) and he said he was always getting people flashing thier lights at him thinking he had his brights on, so he quit using his around town because of that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use them when I use the highways requiring that headlights be on when driving. I also use them as intended; "in foggy areas" :shigrin

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
my fogs are lower on the facia and not in the grille.. I haven't driven the car much at all but will probably only use them when they're needed..
I told a buddy that I wished mine were in the grille (I just like the look) and he said he was always getting people flashing thier lights at him thinking he had his brights on, so he quit using his around town because of that.
Exact reason I dont :yup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use them all the time because I figure 4 lights will maybe help the idiots I have to drive around to see me better. Anything I can do to keep them from wrecking into me. 60 mile or so round trip commute daily from KY to OH through Cincinnati.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use mine all the time, as running lights. And I keep them on at night too. I love the look.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use them all the time. Whenever the headlights are on, the fog lights are on too. I really like the added light and the look!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I'm not the only person that likes the look. Makes it look a little meaner IMO.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I leave them on Auto along with the headlights, so when my headlights are on the foglights are too. Without the fogs I don't feel like there is enough light. The lights suck on the standard 11' GT.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I usually have them on whenever I'm driving at night. Hasn't happened yet but if someone flashes their lights at me thinking I have my brights on I'll show them what the real HID brights look like. ;)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I've tried them once or twice and I really don't see enough of an improvement when using them with the stock (crappy) low beams. Other than that I never turn them on. And honestly, I think people just look silly driving around with their fog lights on just to have them on. I've flashed people driving with their fogs on before too because sometimes having even just low beams and fog lights on is a lot of light and makes it difficult to see with four bright lights coming directly at you. Especially at night when it's drizzling.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes, but only because I wear my sunglasses at night.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fogs are useless light, that blind other drivers. All they do is shine light directly in front of the car, great for "fog". But, people gotta "look" cool, and run fogs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i almost never use mine. my brother who was a cop for years told me that cars running fogs always caught his attn first.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fogs are useless light, that blind other drivers. All they do is shine light directly in front of the car, great for "fog". But, people gotta "look" cool, and run fogs. :rolleyes:
completely wrong. They don't blind anyone, they're pointed at the ground just in front of the car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.