Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys deal with the wife driving the car?

Mine has a history of accidents. Our new minivan has dents and scratches in every corner and has been in an accident in the past year that cost us a $1000 deductible. Inside it's full of garbage, fast food bags, food, cookie crumbs, etc. In addition to her at fault accident (she hit a car stopped at a red light doing 80km/hr, she didn't even hit the brakes, didn't notice the car, it was a bright sunny day) she also has 3 speeding tickets in the past year.

Since I got the car my wife always wants to drive it, am I wrong and being an ass for not wanting her too? She wants to stick me with the minivan that she had to have, I should drive that to work well she drives the Mustang...

Curious if this is an issue for anyone else? Am I wrong for wanting to keep the car in good shape, nice, clean, etc?

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Don't you mean let the husband drive, heck no :nono: This is my baby. LOL He does not want to drive her, too afraid if something were to happen. I just can't understand why :headscratch: :laugh:

R

·
0 Posts
Mine can't drive a 5sp not that its matter.....

She has never driven it.......

99% sure she never will.......

·
Registered
123 Posts
My wife never learned to drive a manual... and I never plan to teach her (unless she beats it out of me) or buy an automatic car... so I got lucky.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
dont gotta wife... and dont plan on having one for a while.... however 8/10 times in my experience chicks cant drive manual transmission cars.... problem solved for myself!:laugh:

·
0 Posts
I'm very particular with my vehicles. I'm always washing/waxing and maintaining my cars. It's like drugs for me...it's addicting and relaxing. My wife on the other hand is not so tidy. She leaves food wrappers, etc. in her Jeep and I can't stand it when I have to drive it. However, I do let her drive my vehicles, but she knows my rules and trys her best not to leave any remnants in them.:gringreen

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
I'm very particular with my vehicles. I'm always washing/waxing and maintaining my cars. It's like drugs for me...it's addicting and relaxing. My wife on the other hand is not so tidy. She leaves food wrappers, etc. in her Jeep and I can't stand it when I have to drive it. However, I do let her drive my vehicles, but she knows my rules and trys her best not to leave any remnants in them.:gringreen
LOL, My rules what you pack in, you pack out at the end of the trip :gringreen

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I do speciality work, contact me for his attitude adjustment, first body part is free...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
my wife dreads the attention the cops provide her in my car. She also feels that her (A$$$) is on the pavement when she sits in it.
My car has a C.D.I. factor of 10 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest. "COPS DIG IT"

She'll never trade in her 02 exploreer for a pony.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey tennyson, to honestly answer your question, it depends on the person. Like muscle said, most people will respect your car. The more they drive it though the more it will become hers too and then all bets are off.

Personally, you bet I let her drive. She knows she looks hot in it and when shes feeling hot... :celebration:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wish my wife was like that! With my old car I was always picking garbage out of it!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I am the only one who drives my car. No one else.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.