Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading about all the new engines ford may put in the mustang. well turbo charged 4cyl didnt make it befor and i dont think that i will now but i was thinking since ford just introduced a few new truck motors do you think its possible ford could put in a 6.2l in the mustang like dodge is puting their 6.1 in the chargers and challengers? i think it would be ba if they did or even if shelby or roush did it. it would put ford way ahead in the present pony car wars

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
No way, why? Ford would leave it to the aftermarket. Most of the buyers of the Mustang owners are happy with what they get now, way more than they got 20 years ago. Up till the new 5.0 came out, Roush stuck by the 4.6, just upgraded it for those of us power hungry people. Think even GM is revamping the motors for the next gen of Corvettes. Same power but lighter and more effiecent - that's the bottom line today. Dodge has their head up their you know what again.
Dave

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
The 6.2L has just a few more horses than the 5.0, but a bunch more torque, i dont see that going into the Mustang.

The 3.5 V6 on the other hand, is turbocharged, offering 365HP, so it sounds like a nice candidate for the base Mustang.

·
Registered
428 Posts
dodge on the other hand does know what will sell for the younger power hungry crowd. I was actually thinking the same thing about the 6.2L. Personally i think they should upgrade the 6.2 with a supercharger and put it in the Ford GT and leave the 5.4 to the shelby. That way the Ford GT would be different from the GT500 in its own way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think they should offer a larger displacement engine. Chevy and Dodge both have 6.somethings. I don't know I guess ford likes doing more with less, gives me a sense of pride actually.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
dodge on the other hand does know what will sell for the younger power hungry crowd. I was actually thinking the same thing about the 6.2L. Personally i think they should upgrade the 6.2 with a supercharger and put it in the Ford GT and leave the 5.4 to the shelby. That way the Ford GT would be different from the GT500 in its own way.
Just got to keep up with the times, last Ford GT was made in 2007. Believe it was posted here that the Shelby was getting a displacement increase to 5.8. Wait till those young kids go out and try and get insurance. Forget when the new CAFE rules go in but that is the driving force to come up with smaller, more efficent motors with the same power. Going to be a changing world out there.
Dave

·
Registered
428 Posts
i guess i didnt realize they were done making the GT. Its a car you dont see or think about everyday. I would like to see SVT do something insane with the new 5.0.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Their special team should have done something like that first. I don't like seeing 5.0 on a new Stang. Kinda seems old school,even though its a nice motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts