Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be going to washington and I want to take my car to the track, but I dont want to risk putting slicks on incase I break some thing and have to drive it back home and plus driving with slicks to washington with my girl friends stuff and mine, it just wont fit.

If some clown pulled up with some biggo chrome 20's lol and tried to race what would you guys think? I just dont want to be laughed at haha but I am sure if I can pull a low 12 with 20's on tire, people might be some what impressed?

I will probably be making 700rwhp and 580ftlbs of Torque so power shouldnt be an issue but has any of you ever seen some one do it with 20's

I have seen 10's on street tires before but they were not 20's and keep in mind my 20's are heavy.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the track in portland were I would race it at when I go visit, they dont put as much VHT on it as I would like. The prep isnt the best.

hahah it would be funny to pull a 12.** with a 130mpg trap lol I watched a WS6 pull a 10.6 on street tires with a 146 or some thing outrageous like that on ls1tech once that was funny

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
like stated above, HP is not going to be an issue just getting the street tires to hook will.
overall I think ease it off the line you should still be good for mid to low 12's

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was just reading an older article of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. In that mag there was a guy that ran a 10.94 at 125 mph on street 20's. Once again proving a Mustangs potential. Yes it was an S197 model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.