Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a sunshade for any of my cars but as it gets hotter and hotter and i get older i am thinking of getting one... Who all uses one and which ones seem to fit the windshield the best and work the best..I suppose looks should factor somewhere in there too.. Its an odd queston but i dont want to buy a crappy 10 dollar auto parts one when there might be a far superior one out there.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i got the cheap padded aluminum foil kind you have to fold up like a accordion, it works great, night and day difference in the car parked in the hot sun, i use it every day :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, cost isn't much of a factor, you'd be amazed how much cooler the interior will stay not to mention the protection afforded the interior...we know here in FL...tinted windows help a ton as well, the newer films make night driving much better than the old stuff.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On the rare occasion the Mustang is parked outside I use a freebee I got at the Ranger game, it goes from a small circle to a big oval and there is two of them and it has Texas Rangers logo on them...GO! Rangers!!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i got the cheap padded aluminum foil kind you have to fold up like a accordion, it works great, night and day difference in the car parked in the hot sun, i use it every day :bigthumbsup
Ditto. I picked mine up for $6 and it keeps my seats, dash, and steering wheel cooler to the touch.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I use a $13 foil Auto Expressions (AE) brand from PeP Boys. It covers the entire area with with only a tiny bit of exposure at the top and bottom. Not enough to matter.

The heat and sun destroy everything out here in no time anyway, so high dollar shades will last no longer than the cheapies. 114 degrees with no cloud cover for months on end will getcha. :cooldude:

·
Registered
702 Posts
I went with the Covercraft and love it.

The cheaper ones seem to 1. fall apart quickly and 2. leave a weird film on the glass.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use a $13 foil Auto Expressions (AE) brand from PeP Boys. It covers the entire area with with only a tiny bit of exposure at the top and bottom. Not enough to matter.

The heat and sun destroy everything out here in no time anyway, so high dollar shades will last no longer than the cheapies. 114 degrees with no cloud cover for months on end will getcha. :cooldude:
Im using the same brand, got mine at WallyWorld tho, think i was only like $4. I know it was cheep enuf I bought two wanting to try and rig up a way to put one in the back window too. Ive since given up on that dream...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
True. That's why I bought a cheap shade to protect my Covercraft shade. :winks

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Im using the same brand, got mine at WallyWorld tho, think i was only like $4. I know it was cheep enuf I bought two wanting to try and rig up a way to put one in the back window too. Ive since given up on that dream...
I hear ya. Sooner or later I'm gonna have the back windows sraped and go with limo tint (they were pretty dark from the local Ford dealership but not quite dark enough), and probably sign a legal waiver and go a little darker on the door glass.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
They last about the same amount of time, but the "twist your wrists and fold it into a circular pouch" versions tend to tear earlier, and are a PITA compared to the simpler (but more expensive) silver backed version...

After using both, I went for "easy fo fold" model to minimize frustration... ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I use one and it does a decent job, well except when the top is down :kooky:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.