Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming out of a store and when I hit my unlock button on the keey fob the tail lights don't light up to let me know where the car is anto let me know the car unlocked. The only thing that happens is the interior ligh comes on. Ths sucks. I'm used to my GM autos working like this and for some reason I thought this car did it as well. Is there a way to make this happen? Or am I stuck with no exterior lights when I use the fob?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Pony said:
Coming out of a store and when I hit my unlock button on the keey fob the tail lights don't light up to let me know where the car is anto let me know the car unlocked. The only thing that happens is the interior ligh comes on. Ths sucks. I'm used to my GM autos working like this and for some reason I thought this car did it as well. Is there a way to make this happen? Or am I stuck with no exterior lights when I use the fob?
Hit your panic button, they will come on. :laughlitt
They do come on when you lock your car and shut the door. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well, for one, I always know where I parked. 2, Usually way way out there where its not hard to miss.

Like pc said panic, or repeat hitting the lock button and listen for the horn. But I dont think the range is all that great on these things.
My previous car would work at the top of a roller coaster at great america out to my car in the parking lot, it was great.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My car has the "now deleted" option of rolling down the windows with the remote. On hot summer days I can unlock the car and roll them down from my office window. I think the range is enhanced by elevation and the fact that no other cars are blocking the signal.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
RDS - most seem not to know about this radio function. It shows the radio station and the song thats playing on your stereo readout. Thats if the station sends the information out.

Excuse me if its been mentioned.

Hold menu button until RDS ON/OFF shows. seek button to select ON/OFF.

Neat feature!

·
Registered
404 Posts
2horseowner said:
My car has the "now deleted" option of rolling down the windows with the remote...
Who performs this service? Is it done by reprograming the car or the key fob?

cool, I did the RDS on. It is neat.

topic: As mentioned... If you need the light show, keep hitting the lock button. The lights will flash and the horn will chirp.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Originally, cars with the active alarm had this feature. You can roll the windows down by holding the unlock button on the fob. You can also roll them up by sticking the key in the door lock. Some time in 05, Ford discontinued this feature. My car has a 2/7/05 build date (Today is her Birthday :kooky: ).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, I'm GLAD my exterior lights don't come on when I unlock my car to alert would-be carjackers as to the location of my now unlocked car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good God!

When hitting the unlock button on most other cars and other Ford products the exterior lights come on. It lets you know you've unlocked the door before trying the handle and finding out it did not unlock.
Has nothing to do with where did I put my car...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stoenr said:
RDS - most seem not to know about this radio function. It shows the radio station and the song thats playing on your stereo readout. Thats if the station sends the information out.

Excuse me if its been mentioned.

Hold menu button until RDS ON/OFF shows. seek button to select ON/OFF.

Neat feature!
Is this only on the Shaker 1000? I have the 500 Shaker and I couldn't find this option in the menu when I looked yesterday?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I think its on any ford radio plain/shaker500/shaker1000.
It worked on my g/f 05 focus.

I think what your not doing is HOLDING the menu button down, not scrolling throught the options.

Try holding the menu button for 5 seconds or so, RDS ON/OFF will pop up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.