Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Steeda cowl hood was delivered today and I'm going to install it this weekend. The factory hood has a rubber seal between it and the cowl. Does a fiberglass hood need that seal?:headscratch:

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
What does the instructions say? and is there a place for the seal in the new hood? You could try it and if you don't like it then glue it on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the instructions say? and is there a place for the seal in the new hood? You could try it and if you don't like it then glue it on.

There is no instruction.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The cervini's hood that I just got uses the factory rubber seal - I've not put it on yet - but plan to.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I can't say about your specific hood. But I have the California Dreamin' hood and have not had the rubber seal on it for over a year. No issues. I don't think there is any room for it anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the TruFber GT-S hood and yes, I took the weatherstrip off the OEM hood and drilled/installed on the new hood. This is to prevent any engine bay gases from getting to the cowl and then into the passenger compartment.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
101 Posts
It doesnt really matter, i have a cervini hood and dont have one on mine, and its a daily driver. there shouldnt be that much water coming in from the back.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
be sure to get some pics of that hood....its in my future too

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It's not needed. And I'm not sure what peewee was talking about gases getting into the cowl?

If the complete underside of the hood is a finished paint job, looks good that way.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.