Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while my wife was driving the 05 GT a mazda miata came up along side of us, it looked like it was semi-decked out for road racing, nd was revving the engine. We pull up to a stop light, straight line road mind ya,and I tell my wife to race him.. ( there were two guys in it.. ( not going there ) ..) Well anyways the light turns green, she nails it in first, easy pull away from him, then she hits 4 TH gear...... and nails it again, well he almost pulled up along side before we over took him, she took it to 70 ish or so MPH. Then they went flying past us, only to meet up again at the second light. Well this time she nailed second gear, chirped em going into second, and never saw the miata again. Now my question, does that qualify as a kill???:shrug

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, it does.

Train the wife in shifting!!!!:hihi:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Train the wife in shifting!!!!:hihi:[/QUOTE]
She already knows how to handle one, I dont know if I want her learning another.................:confused:

Tim

·
Registered
108 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
Train the wife in shifting!!!!:hihi:
She already knows how to handle one, I dont know if I want her learning another.................:confused:

Tim[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's awesome!!:D

Oh, and I say it counts if they were stupid enough to try it!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
my neighbor and good friend owns a Miata and I am always teasing him about needing to buy a man's car - I told him if we go anywhere together we have to take my car because I know what two men in a Miata looks like - so when I read your post I laughed my a$$ off and had to show it to him. He did the same!

Strange, he keeps hanging around my garage everytime it's open to get a look at my black GT. :winks

funny story! :yup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
hahahahaha...
my wife has a friend...shes pretty big herself, not so much as fat, just big overall, tall and hefty...who's got a husband a little bit smaller/shorter than her...well he was trying to get me to buy his 92 300zx cause he wanted a new car...i didnt buy it, and then one day out of nowhere, they call and say they wanna show off their new car, that it was the husbands dream car...so we go outside to wait for them to drive by, the guy talks about muscle cars and fast cars alot so i was expecting something like that...when over the horizon i see a lil miata coming towards us, black convertible one, his passengers head is sticking out over the top...and sure enough...they pull up and honk and ask if we liked it...all we did was smile and say..."it's nice"...he asked if i wanted to drive it, I said no cause I don't know how to drive stick...*nice way of saying hell no*...so a month ago i got my mach 1, a few days later he asked me if i ever bought a car yet, i said yeah, he said what was it, i said an 03 mach 1 mustang...he quickly changed the subject....hahahahahahahaha, poor guy

·
Registered
248 Posts
lol miata, lol miata, lol miata, lol miata

Ok now that I have that out of the way. My brother smoked a miata in his 05 focus zx3 SES.

Oh and to your questionaire, it does count.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My girl has an 85 camaro, i know it's rough her having a gm and all, but it's got a 383 stroker in it. It's an automatic, but she can drive it well and that thing is quick!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Well, to be honest...

I like the little British MG's. The Miata reminds me alot of them. If I wanted a little, sporty 2 seater with good gas mileage, I'd buy one.

I would not kid myself and think of it as a performance car though.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
YORCHI said:
hahahahaha...
my wife has a friend...shes pretty big herself, not so much as fat, just big overall, tall and hefty...who's got a husband a little bit smaller/shorter than her...well he was trying to get me to buy his 92 300zx cause he wanted a new car...i didnt buy it, and then one day out of nowhere, they call and say they wanna show off their new car, that it was the husbands dream car...so we go outside to wait for them to drive by, the guy talks about muscle cars and fast cars alot so i was expecting something like that...when over the horizon i see a lil miata coming towards us, black convertible one, his passengers head is sticking out over the top...and sure enough...they pull up and honk and ask if we liked it...all we did was smile and say..."it's nice"...he asked if i wanted to drive it, I said no cause I don't know how to drive stick...*nice way of saying hell no*...so a month ago i got my mach 1, a few days later he asked me if i ever bought a car yet, i said yeah, he said what was it, i said an 03 mach 1 mustang...he quickly changed the subject....hahahahahahahaha, poor guy
LOL OMG That's hilarious! How did you keep from laughing! Hahaha! I feel bad for that guy...someone give him some good taste :-D

·
Registered
682 Posts
A Miata counts if it has a 5.0 in it....new age Sunbeam Tiger? I want one!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Years ago Kenne Bell was building 5.0 Miatas with 450 hp. If you kill one of those......you have a car regardless of how "gay" miatas are supposed to be.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Miatas do 0-60 in about 7.0 and have a top speed of 120 (at 7,000RPM!!!), if I recall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.