Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am currently working on a '76 Cobra II 302 car. This car will mostly be a drag car. One of those drive it to the track, race it, and drive it home kinda cars. Since there is so little room under the hood, I was curious if there are any turbo or centrifugal supercharger kits for a Mustang II? I think it would be cool to have a BDS 671 Roots style blower sticking out of the hood. But since I'm only 18 and it will be a street car, I don't want every cop in the area on the lookout for me.

Let me know if you guys know of any turbo or supercharger kits out there. I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. It might be a lost cause and maybe I will have to settle to make more power other ways.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
The only turbo kit I've seen or heard of for the Mustang II is the long out of production kit for the 2.8L V6.

That said... why not be a true hotrodder about it, go out to the junkyard and find you a pair of turbochargers that match, and fabricate your own setup?

I've got a pair of T03s that came off of a pair of 1985 Chryslers with the 2.2 Turbo sitting in the garage waiting on the free time to mock up how they're going to fit into the engine compartment of some car someday. (They were originally going into an '87 Mustang GT 5.0, but I got sick of that P.O.S. and sold it.)

Go for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured it was a lost cause. I'll probably end up throwing a 347 kit in it. You can get 400-500 hp with those. Who knows maybe fab a turbo system later.

I was just curious to see if there was anything out there for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts