Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find some pics but didnt. Anyone have some pictures of this? I want to do this in the future but Im afraid Ill have to cut the plastic panels over the towers. DAMN IT! Maybe what I can do is find some cheap replacement plastics and keep my nicer replacements stashed away, should I ever want to put them back on and have a nice stock looking, unhacked hatch area.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was trying to find some pics but didnt. Anyone have some pictures of this? I want to do this in the future but Im afraid Ill have to cut the plastic panels over the towers. DAMN IT! Maybe what I can do is find some cheap replacement plastics and keep my nicer replacements stashed away, should I ever want to put them back on and have a nice stock looking, unhacked hatch area.

Thanks
I think the reason you don't see these on any cars is that they really serve no purpose. I used to see em in magazines about 8-10 years ago, but I have not seen one recently.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I know theyre around, but Im looking for a pic of one on. I think you have to cut the inner plastics, which IM not looking forward to, but anyways, I think they do serve a purpose, just as the fronts do, no?

Go ahead , school me if you dare! :shigrin

G

·
Ya I know theyre around, but Im looking for a pic of one on. I think you have to cut the inner plastics, which IM not looking forward to, but anyways, I think they do serve a purpose, just as the fronts do, no?

Go ahead , school me if you dare! :shigrin
the best way just get a decent set of uca & lca and shocks

with subframes the shock brace really doesn't do that much....

IMO just not worth the effort.....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Ah, I thought you meant what did they look like so you could know how to do your interior panels. It's been a while since I've seen one in a car. If I remember right, it goes right where the back of the seat meets the hatch floor. They do serve a purpose, I think mainly on cars that see serious track time and have enough suspension to find the limits.
I can find lots of them for 94 and up but not 93 and older. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they go on the shock tower like the front strut tower brace. But I think you have to cut the plastics, cause they weld or bolt below the hole in the plastic covering the tower.

Thanks for looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.