Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, does anybody happen to know the dimensions of the bolt that mounts the front of the shifter to the transmission on a manual s197? I lost it and need a new one asap. It is the 10mm that is on the front arm connecting to the trans.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
sounds like you need a small dish. mcdonalds cups work well.

i dont know the size. you can look it up at the dealer i bet...for about 8-15 bucks.

maybe soemone knows the correct pitch.

if its the one that goes through to a nut just take the nut to the retards in blue or the **** store

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
its a easy install :) get it tight

least the hurst is

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since last night I have found the replacement bolt part number: W710540-S439, for my 2009 Mustang GT. I am sure its the same on all S197 mustangs. The discription says its a M12x1.75pitchx55MM flanged hex head. The hex size is a 10MM. I will scan this sheet in at home later tonight and post it. I also post the pics I took while measuring the entire bolt. The Ford dealer gave me the bolt, costs like $8 if you did need one.

I also found a replacement bushing kit from energysupsensionparts.com, part number: 4.1131R (Red) 4.1131G (Black)
Says it fits 2005-2007 Ford Mustang, but sure it fits all S197 mustangs. Will definately find out and post results tomorrow.

CMAX

·
Registered
17 Posts
M12x1.75pitchx55MM flanged hex head. The hex size is a 10MM.

Its a little longer that 55MM, its like 65MM with the end relief. I have attached pictures of me measuring it up. Hope it helps someone else, I sure had toubles finding it.

Part number: W710540-S439, for 2009 Mustang GT

You can problaby use a fully threaded bolt from any hardware but in my experience the threads tend to eat through any sleave or bushing material over time. Giving it a chance to fail in the future.

CMAX

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.