Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, iv need eyeballing a few mustangs that i like. iv always loved them but got a camaro for my first car and now i think the camaro needs a playmate as it seems lonely LOL.

anyways i found this mustang on ebay, and i fell in love with the way it sits so i got all the information off the owner and im going to buy one and set it up just like it. but i need the color code so has anyone seen this color? he told me is was SE, but when i looked it up they appear more red insted of the oranger look to this one. help please. more pictures are with my gallery

Mustang Pictures - Mustang Photos - Mustang Picture Gallery - AllFordMustangs.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure what it is but i love it. im hoping someone here has seen it before or has it and can give me a direct color code so when i get my stang and have it repainted i can get this color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, i liked that color lol. oh well if i cant match it ill try and get close. :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm a painter and every color has multiple colors in it, even most blacks...so doesnt always mean its a custom color. If the guy said it was SE it probably is. 99% of colors, once u punch the code in, have many different variances of the color. That color could have many different ones such as brighter, darker, cleaner, dirtier...they can even say red, blue, tons of options. Just bc the color looks one way doesnt mean that is just one or two colors mixed to make that specific color...most times its quite a bit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a painter and every color has multiple colors in it, even most blacks...so doesnt always mean its a custom color. If the guy said it was SE it probably is. 99% of colors, once u punch the code in, have many different variances of the color. That color could have many different ones such as brighter, darker, cleaner, dirtier...they can even say red, blue, tons of options. Just bc the color looks one way doesnt mean that is just one or two colors mixed to make that specific color...most times its quite a bit.
The car in question is different colors in different sections its lighter up top and gradually the gradient gets darker the further down the car you get. That is what I was referring to, its most definitely not factory paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car in question is different colors in different sections its lighter up top and gradually the gradient gets darker the further down the car you get. That is what I was referring to, its most definitely not factory paint.
it does? o_O. anyways i think ill just take a picture of the car in with me when i go get mine painted so they can try and match it up the best they can lol. can i ask another question for you guys though? how do you guys tint your headlights and taillights like he did? it looks sexy and really makes the orange stand out insted of the clean lens up front.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That color is Performance Red, I believe. It is the same exact color of my 2000 GT. I can go out and get the exact color code for it in a few when I run out. Looks a little different sitting in direct sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually just ran out there and the paint is ES, trust me in person the car looks almost orange.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good looking car, but it still doesnt look like that one :(. damn i really like that color. the preformance red looks good but idk something about that orange just stands out and looks stunning to me for some odd reason.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trust me my car is more orange than the pic shows. The direct sunlight makes it look more red and it could be the cheap camera as well. But my car is the same color as the one you have pictured

·
Registered
48 Posts
My car is performance red, but it doesnt look orange at all. In direct light or not, it is just a dark red color.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There were 3 reds offered in 2000. Kat yours looks like that dark red offered
I believe it was laser red or something like that. Inside your door jam there will be a sticker with the paint code. It will be under ext.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, i know that. And its performance red, i checked it. Its ES not E9. But it looks darker though....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, i know that. And its performance red, i checked it. Its ES not E9. But it looks darker though....
Well, let me rephrase that. I had my boyfriend check it a few days ago because he has been driving my car here lately. He just brought it back to me just now and i went and looked, sure enough, its E9. Dam, i thought i had performance red. :weeps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey either color Red it's still a nice find you got, low miles and a great price on it. Hope it has the Charcoal Leather, that color combo goes well together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
your guys cars are makin me drool!! quit it!! LOL, i have mustang fever :( hell right now i would even trade my camaro for a new edge if i could get my hands on it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey either color Red it's still a nice find you got, low miles and a great price on it. Hope it has the Charcoal Leather, that color combo goes well together.
Thanks. It doesnt have leather though, its just a gt deluxe. :( Still looks cool though. Sorry evilemokid didnt mean to jack your thread here. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts