Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i finally decided to hunker down and buy a new CAI, and i originally planned on buying the BBK kit, its 180, and includes the filter, and the entire tubing up to the throttle body. But nowhere on it does it say that it comes with a mass air sensor, and on my motor, i have the sensor attached right on top of the stock filter casing.:headscratch:

So my question is, what do i do with the sensor if the BBK CAI doesnt come with one? What are my options?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am almost positive that you just take apart your stock air intake and use the stock one...the BBK kit should work with the one on your car. Thats what I did with mine. You have to completely tear down your stock air instake but its in there. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
286 Posts
no you are right, i have a 2004 3.9l and i am positive that all stock airboxes contain the maf inside, you just have to take it apart to get to the maf housing and sensor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, thanks. I knew there was one already in the car, the moderator i guess changed the title for my thread, and now it makes me sound like an idiot..but whatever.
I was just unsure if it were plausible to install a BBK CAI even though i need the MAS, and it looked like it was in the actual housing of the filter. So i was confused as to how.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need a bit of Help

So I bought a BBK CAI kit and the filter was too big. It was the 1740 filter, the 5.0" diamater was too big for the hole. I tried forcing it inside but I only ended up bending the filter. I have a V6 3.8L 2000 mustang. I dont want to spend another 200 bucks on another kit, so is there another way to install the filter? From underneath the car or something?

Is it possible to just install the filter directly to the air flow mass sensor? I guess I'd have to buy it a heat shield.

Very unhappy after spending 3 hours last night trying to put this together.

·
Registered
28 Posts
oh and that sensor by your throttle body is the MAP sensor, not your MAF sensor. the Maf sensor is the one located on your air filter

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
So I bought a BBK CAI kit and the filter was too big. It was the 1740 filter, the 5.0" diamater was too big for the hole. I tried forcing it inside but I only ended up bending the filter. I have a V6 3.8L 2000 mustang. I dont want to spend another 200 bucks on another kit, so is there another way to install the filter? From underneath the car or something?
Yeah... I'm pretty sure you need to reach up through your fenderwell to attach the filter. That's how the kit works for my '98 V6. The intake tube will fit through the hole in your engine bay, but you need to mount the filter from the outside of the engine bay (inside the fender). I'll try to get some pics uploaded for you in my profile... In the meantime, check out the attached instructions: they should've come with your kit (and they definitely say to attach the filter from the fenderwell).
And for the rest of ya, the MAF sensor is in your stock airbox. Remove the clips and some screws and then just line it up to the two inlet tubes from BBK. Once again, pics will be coming soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Once again, pics will be coming soon...
In the above picture, #6 is your MAF sensor. Also, here is my engine with the BBK CAI installed.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.