Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mustang some weeks ago.
I dont even know all the option who came with it...
How can i know if i have the Performance package, or not?

·
Registered
786 Posts
it should have different brakes (almost typed breaks lol) as well shouldn't it?

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Just different pads, otherwise the same.
Sorry Charlie. That's the trouble with just reposting what you may have read. If it was just the pads, you could put the 17" Mustang wheels on the Performance Package cars. You can't.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ford says they have larger calipers in the "Build Your Own" page for the Mustang, when you click on information about the PP.

Car and Driver is saying they are GT brakes. 2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

My car is not in yet so I can not confirm this.
They are GT brakes, 2010 GT track pack brakes but they are EXACTLY the same size, same calipers as the standard 2011+ V6 brakes.

Sorry Charlie. That's the trouble with just reposting what you may have read. If it was just the pads, you could put the 17" Mustang wheels on the Performance Package cars. You can't.
Sorry Charlie to you, because you damn sure can bolt the base 17" wheels onto them with ABSOLUTELY no fitment issues.
_

·
Registered
246 Posts
They are GT brakes, 2010 GT track pack brakes but they are EXACTLY the same size, same calipers as the standard 2011+ V6 brakes.
Ah, I just went back to the build your own page and reread the statement, it actaully says unique not larger, tricky tricky.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ah, I just went back to the build your own page and reread the statement, it actaully says unique not larger, tricky tricky.
Don't know what they can possibly be referring to as "unique" since they are identical to every other Mustang caliper since 2005 except for the Brembos.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are they not being completely truthful, then?

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd sue if I were you...:yelwacko:
Heh, "Your honor, do these look unique to you?" (Shows a judge a picture of brakes.)

Seriously, though, I may PM Deysha and ask.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, yes, but they still should probably update the description.

·
Registered
246 Posts
In this case I'm not sure the right hand and left hand are on the same person.

They rarely are once marketing gets involved.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Speaking of the performance package, though, I have a question you may be able to answer...

The PP wheels are 19" with 255/40R19 tires.

That should be 19 + 2*((255/25.4)*.4)) = 27.03"

If, for some reason, one where to go insane and install 18x9" wheels with 255/35R18 tires that would be:

18 + 2*((255/25.4)*.35)) = 25.03"

Now, of course, that would lower your ride by 1" w/o changing your suspension.

I have a feeling that might cause alignment issues and require adjustable cambers. (I could be wrong on this though)

The other thing I was thinking, though, other than the need for a speedo update, would be gearing.

The PP comes with 3.31 gears.

27.03/25.03 = 1.08

3.31 * 1.08 = 3.57

Would that give you the same launch, rpm/mph as if you had installed 3.55 gears?

Just something I found myself wondering, I doubt I would actually decide to do this...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts