Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm new to the site. I'm looking to purchase a 2009 Mustang V6 with the Pony Package, but I keep finding conflicting information. Does anybody know for sure if the Pony Package includes fog lamps in the grill or not? I do not want to pay for a "Pony Package" if i'm not truly getting a Pony Package. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes, it does.
The Mustang V6 Pony Package includes a foglight grille.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
This is a pic of the "Pony Package" grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1 on that Muckerpuck- that is NOT the Pony package. And aren't all Pony packages equipped with aluminum premium wheels? Just what mine has.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That is not a pony package and the wheels have been changed

·
Registered
532 Posts
Be careful when looking for Pony Package cars. Rental companies, and some owners, add the grill and he spoiler making it look like a pony package. I found a lot of these when looking for mine. Unless the window sticker says pony package, then it is NOT a pony package. The sticker you posted is not a pony package mustang. The sport appearance package is not the same.

The pony package includes mustang side stripe with the word Mustang (optional to delete and can get different colors), mustang logo floor mats, rear spoiler, grill with fog lights and pony, beafier sway bars, ABS, traction control, center caps on wheels with pony emblem, larger wheels (very by year as of style), tribar pony fender badge. Mine came with optional 18" polished alluminum wheels. I don't think that the grill can be deleted from factory. Of course someone could change it afterwards, but who would want to do that IMO. I could be leaving something out.

Now a lot of these can also be had through other packages or options. Even then, the rest can be had from aftermarket purchases. Shoot, folks can make a V6 look like a GT or even a GT500 from the outside and interior, but when you lift the hood the secret is spoiled.

Use this site and add the VIN at the end to make sure what you are really getting. Also check carfax to make sure it wasn't previously a rental. Looks like you already have used this site, but for others.

services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

1 - 9 of 9 Posts