Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my wife's Mountaineer V8 the other day when a CAVALIER reved up at me at a light!!! I was not interested, after all, I wasn't in my stang. I was going to pick up my dry cleaning for crying out loud. Of course, this guy was a real piece of work. He ran in front of me and cut me off on purpose. Then my road rage side kicked in, so I had to chase him down. He had one of those giant wings that you get at autozone and a big banner that said APC. It was lowered and had a fart can. I guess that means it was a race car. So we stopped at another light, I brought my RPM's up with my foot on the brake and we were off. There was a car in front of him so I backed off the gas a little. When he gotjust a hair away from getting in front of me, I floored it and cut him off with the other car. I blew by him and he wouldn't pass me for the next few minutes. I just wonder why people like that BOTHER. I just wanted to mind my own business, but can you expect people to not get pissed off when you act like a jackass on the road?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I wouldn't say that counts as a kill although you probally could have beat him; but i know what you mean with the jackass drivers. I was on my way into town the other day and it had just rained but i was still going 70-71. I'm in the outside lane and there's this idiot in the passing lane going under 65 (i hate that) and there's is a lifted dodge 2500 behind me. Well im going around the the guy going slow and i started to switch into the passing lane cause there was traffic ahead in the outside lane. I dont know what that guys problem was in the truck but he got up like 3 feet off my bumper. this kinda ticked me off so i tapped my brakes at him and he got even closer! i looked in my rear view and the guy was givin me the bird! this just set me off so i tapped my brakes hard again and made him hit his then i dropped a gear and took off ( i know this wasnt a good idea considering it was wet but i was pissed) he hit the gas to and i walked away from him up to 105 and he hit the same speed as me. i was getting close to where i had to turn so i slowed up and we exchanged one finger salutes as he went by. you know the road was slick and dangerous and i wasnt going slow but he had to be king of the road.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You see how people can just make the worst of you come out? Gas prices are high and everything, but even in an SUV that gets 15 MPG I can't let someone get away with that.

By the way, I noticed you are from Victoria, TX. I'm from Houston, but I am stationed in San Antonio with the Army.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
tex117 said:
I wouldn't say that counts as a kill although you probally could have beat him; but i know what you mean with the jackass drivers.
Let's just say that there's more than just one kind of kill, out there. Witelitenin got himself a "traffic kill". He most likely would've made the "race kill", but didn't have the chance. Being prepared for the race, will prepare you for traffic, though it will not always ensure the win in traffic.
I hate jerks like the one you described. I'm not worried about what other cars are doing, out on the road (as long as they're not crashing into me or slowing me down). Doesn't that guy have anything better to do? He sounds like the type of idiot, who, when you come up from behind, always speeds up. You know, when you've got the cruise control set at 5 or 7 over, or what ever, they start pacing you once you're within 10 carlengths. I love to speed up, by 5 or 10 MPH. I'm usually back down to my cruise control speed, as I reach their back bumper, and walk by them. Then they fade away in the mirror. And you do want them out of your way, because when you both come up on a group of cars, that guy is gonna take forever to pass them. Makes you just want to mount a cannon on your car...:evillol:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
WITELITENIN said:
By the way, I noticed you are from Victoria, TX. I'm from Houston, but I am stationed in San Antonio with the Army.
I'm from Victoria but right now I'm up at school in Georgetown (30 miles north of Austin) but I got a buddy here whose from Houston, he's a big surfer.

btw, a like the setup you got on your stang; what kinda 1/4 ml. times are you getting?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was stationed in Kansas I ran 12.60s to 12.70s. But I tore up my transmission so I really haven't been inclined to take it to the track again. I have put a lot of work into it since then; tuning, dyno, injectors, solid motor mounts, alluminum driveshaft and a TKO. But I am really babying it right now. I am going to replace the bushings from front to rear as well as sub frame connectors to try to stiffen up the suspension. I would GUESS that it could run 12.40s with the street tires on it.

If you are in Georgetown, you should check out the place I got my car tuned. Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio. The owner is a world champion NMRA racer and he tunes all the cars himself. He is expensive though. I felt like a little fish in a big pond and I spent like 2000 bucks in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.