Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I live on a main highway and everytime I park my '90 GT in my yard to work on it or what not, I get people trying to buy it. I was messing with some blue coolant hoses on it yesterday and I went to town to get some refreshments. When I got back, I had two guys walking around my stang and then they started asking me was it for sale. I told them no and then come the money offers. It seemed like these guys just couldn't get the point. They finally left. Don't get me wrong, it's flattering, but sometimes it just gets annoying. I get at least 3 offers a month. I was just curious if any of ya'll go through this?

·
Registered
330 Posts
yea and i dont get it lol my mustang is nothing special has a crappy faded black paintjob rust hole in the pass fender where the antenna is ,holes in the hatch from previous owners fascination of putting a million wings on it , and there is always someone asking if i want to sell it i have even had people on the highway pull up aside me and ask wanna sell it

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! Sounds like you described my car! I had offers on the road too and every single one was someone driving a Chevy. They are always offering a amount that I know my car isn't worth. Sometimes I'm wondering if I should hide it from view for fear of someone stealing it while I'm at work.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lol! Sounds like you described my car! I had offers on the road too and every single one was someone driving a Chevy. They are always offering a amount that I know my car isn't worth. Sometimes I'm wondering if I should hide it from view for fear of someone stealing it while I'm at work.
haha yea seriously , if i didn't love my car so much maybe i would entertain some offers but i don't want to sell it . Heck there are a million for sale now a days on craigslist .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. I see 'em all the time. I made the mistake of selling a sweet looking '92 that I had and I kicked my own a$$ everyday until I got my current one. My Wife says she'll divorce me if I sell this one. Lol.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i work in a titlemax and i get people coming in here all the time asking me if the cobra is for sale. i just tell them $10k and its yours.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes I entertain the offers and always tell them it will cost $1 more than what they can offer. Lol!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I went out to eat the other day, and a lady walked in and addressed the whole room. There were only like 6-8 ppl in the restaruant at the time, but was asking if there was any chance that the mustang out front was for sale... Felt good lol :shiny:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I get that all the time. People go knock on my door and ask if I want to sell any of my stangs. And theres this guy that I think lives close to me and everytime he see me outside he ask me if im ready to sell them yet.

·
Registered
912 Posts
the day i bough my car i had someone offer to buy it in traffic on the way home, and when ever i park it on the street, or leave it at my dads friends gas station for a bit i always come back to notes asking if its for sale,

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is funny - I can totally relate. The only thing I can add is that the offers are either totally below what I would ever consider (insulting at times) OR, on the other hand, two guys who know me and the car and how well I have treated it have a standing offer each for what I paid for it 13 years and 50,000 miles ago!

I think that sometimes people will go fishing to see if you're desperate for some quick cash and they consider the Mustang a toy, and toys are often the first things to get sacrificed in such situations.

I just tell people the truth - which is that the amount of money it would take for me to replace my car with something of equal condition and solidity (of any year) would be worth quite a bit more than what they would be willing to pay. That usually ends it.

The fact it, for me to replace my car and feel as good about it in terms of its history (I know where it's been since new) and top shelf care and maintenance, and lack of abuse, it would literally cost me about 4 times what people would normally pay for it. The guys with the standing offers mentioned above are exceptions, but still, they would have to double those offers to cut the mustard here.

The reason why is that I really hate Mustangs from 1994 to 2004, so I'm left with trying to find a really cherry fox survivor (really hard to find equivalent to what I already have in that condition), or I'm shopping 2005 and up. And I still prefer my own fox to the new stuff.

So basically, for all practical purposes, she ain't for sale...and when I tell that to people it only seems to make them want the car more (I guess because they think that it must really be good for me to want to keep on keeping it!).

·
Registered
359 Posts
I get that all the time, it gets old fast!!! Always happens when i pull in to get gas, i always get people asking about it. Its always- "is it for sale?" or "how much you want for it?" my response.. " $25,000+ so i can replace it with an 03-04 cobra" :grinroll:

Its my first car, my baby! I wouldn't ever let it go to some random guy throwing a price at me. Thinking about putting a NOT FOR SALE sticker on the back window :smartass:

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL. The Foxes draw a lot of attention, wanted and unwanted. I had this guy pull up to me in traffic and ask if im willing to sell it. That was fine, but the cops also love to freaking follow me and pull me over -_-*

Most of the time I see a lot of people throwing up thumbs up when I'm cruising down the freeway.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Damn, I get about 3 offers a week. When they ask "how much", I put my little finger to the corner of my mouth and say "1 million dollars", then smile at them!! :laugh:

·
Registered
703 Posts
ha. that's funny I can relate. I have a nice 93 mustang lx conv. It has a newer factory red color paint job and was always garaged, it is near mint. Seems like people are always asking me about it when I pull up to the gas station. First is what year is that? Then they guess and say what is that a 88 mustang. I tell them 93 and they act stumped. Few people say oh I thought it was older than that. Then they ask if I want to sell it. I just say no I am going to keep this one. I also had a 92 gt conv. for a while seemed like people would always ask me question about it too.

My current 93 was my mothers car. She passed away 7 years ago from cancer, it sat in my dads garage for years. He sold it to me for a cheap price about a year ago. I would never sell this car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts