Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've put money down on this car, get it monday when the banks and stuff open, but am freakin and worrying whether its a good deal or not hehe. seems to be the cheapest gt vert in the autorader. http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=139545&adid=4672750 hope that works. it has flowmasters, 18 inch wheels along with the original rims, 1 inch drop, cold air system and a 30 day warranty. from the dealership. arrgghhh i'm kinda in a bind cuz my frame is gone on my 240 sx lol and i realllly liek this car :drool: does anyone have any views on it? i've been asking everyone around and theyre getting mad at me hahah thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I personally think its a good deal, I would take it if I could afford it. But I have an 05 to worrk about :)

Dont be afraid to negotiate!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
NADA is showing $13,050 for that car (for the SW -- not sure where you live, but the difference is negligible). I'd talk the guy down some. From the pic the car looks very clean, but I wouldn't pay more than book.

G

·
Looks like a sweet ride! Not that its overpriced but if have not yet haggled with the salesman over price, now is the time to do it. Either way, looks like you are getting yourself a great stang. Oh one other suggestion which is something I ALWAYS do when I purchase a used car. Take it to a reputable shop and have it inspected and checked out. Not one the salesman recommends. Consider it a sanity check to ensure the car is what it seems. If the shop comes back with anything wrong then you can most likely negotiate that off of the price otherwise if it is something serious, you can still walk away from it.

Good luck with your purchase and keep us posted :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no car argh

i said no to the car to many 1/2 truths and bullcrap. the owner of the car is the owner of the dealerships best friend, he has his own old car dealership but thinks he can get more here, the guy is practically part owner of this dealership, 30 day full warranty then as i'm signing the papers the manager says its a 30 day nissan certification warranty the cars only on consignment :sterb: , i get the 17" original rims with the car til i say i have a cheque in my hand and am pickin it up then its ohhh theyre an extra 500 bucks, the leak i saw on the steering rack was jsut from an oil change which didn't happen yet and they checked it (wiped it off?) and its fine lol, and "oh if u want a warranty so bad u shoulda jsut gotten the 3000 dollar one like i said". total bullcrap.i'll jsut bite the bullet and go for a 2002 or sumthin car with a bit of a factory warranty for a few thou more if i can deal . ***** its not like i'm asking for the world, just what they said theyd do but oh well the neater things on the newer ones when i get one are cool, thanks for all the help i'm gonna go and be depressed for about a month or so. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts