Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a throw out bearing is going out...does it squeal at idle ? Because I adjust my clutch the other day and "loosened" the release point *lower in the pedal stroke* and ever since then its been squealing. Its not constant but it come on periodically. Sometimes it'll last 2-3sec after the car is turned off and .the sound kinda just fizzles out.

Any ideas what this is all about?

·
Registered
135 Posts
kinda sounds like throw out bearing startin to go out..Unfortunately i bought my mustang with the throwout bearing go out and it squealed all the time until u put the clutch in or put ur foot on it slightly until it stops.How long mine been goin is beyound me,ive put on about 6 thousand miles since i bought it 2 years ago,but i upgraded the clutch to a king cobra neways. But if it only does is when the clutch is out without your foot on it,its most likely the throwout bearing

·
Registered
135 Posts
it very well could be something else also, i didnt notice the last line, but moment i shut my stang off it does have ne squeal couple seconds after

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesn't really change much when I push the clutch down. There is a slight difference but nothing significant. It'll still squeal with the clutch pressed in too. Its weird though because one day it'll be fine...no noise then the next it screams!

I just don't know....

I've never taken the tranny off, how long of a job would that be?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah it does sound like a throw out bearing is starting to go out, I had the same problem with mine a few months back, nothing major just the labor to replace it takes several hours... It's definitely the throwout bearing more than likely if it squeals really loud when you press down on the clutch, and if it stops occassionally, mine was a bit worse than what you describe however.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh to answer the question about how long it takes, my dad did it for me because I had to work, but it took him around 4 hours I think? I'm pretty sure that's about how long it took.... All I know is he said it definitely wasn't fun by any means lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.