Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my car seems to attract a large amount of dust and grass clippings. I park outside where I work, and every week the landscape service mows the grass. When they're finished they use leaf blowers to blow the clippings around. Ivariably, my car is covered with dust and clipping debris -- way more than any of the other cars in the lot.

This isn't just some guy being a jerk and purposely blowing toward my car. I can see it parked outside from my office, and I deliberately park away from the edges where the mowing and blowing takes place, and I still get the dusting. It also isn't just that I see it more on my car, there actually is more of it compared to cars parked right next to me.

So what gives? Am I creating some kind of static super-magnate for dust when I wax and buff my car? The sealeant I use (Meguiars NXT) and microfiber buffing towels do create a crackling static. But I would think something like that would 'discharge' within a short time, not last for days/weeks?

·
Registered
126 Posts
grass cuttings on your car

my mustang has the same problem.If your mustang is black like mine,everything shows.Try to park in a spot far away from where the landscapers do their cutting.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
i used to have that problem and i swear they would mow at my apartments every 4 days at 8 am, my car would always have grass all over it.........................UNTIL i got new wheels and painted the calipers and blacked out some stuff, then i noticed he would blow it all off my car when he was done. and then he would stare at it.. like he was looking for more grass to blow off. moral of the story isss.. get new wheels if you havent yet,

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Interesting. I doubt its from what you put on the paint although I recall a brand that said it reduced dust attraction.

If it is static, I wonder if having a grounding strap that drags beneath the car or just drops when the car is shut off would eliminate it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I too have issues with dust/other crap attaching itself to my car. I just did a complete detail with clay bar, polish, sealant, wax. Everytime I come home from driving the car there is a ton of dust, etc... on the back of my car. I am pretty sure it is static that has built up from all the wiping. I don't know if there is a product that reduces static on cars but I am going to look for one. No way am I going to hang some strips off of my car but that is just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.