Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
And are you happy with it? What would you change it out with?

Basically looking for different opinions and people's exhaust setups. Sounds like almost every exhaust setup I read about has some drone which I want to avoid.
Thanks for starting this thread! I agree with you 100% about the drone, and want better sound but drone is a :nono:

Like the sound of the Borla's so far from what I've heard on youtube, but now will look into the GT500 takeoff mufflers.

Hallowed out cats, BBK after cat x-pipe, custom muffler delete...unless you're 5 feet from the car you can't hear it idle. Cold start is loud. Light acceleration is gorgeous. WOT it screams. 3.73's and no drone on the highway. Total cost of exhaust $200. That beats any Roush, Borla, Flowmaster, or Magnaflow out there. I will be doing 3" from the x-pipe back and putting generic Summit glasspacks in after I put long tubes on it this fall.

I had the BBR off OR/X with the GT 500 mufflers and thought it was load and obnoxious. There was some drone but it was not that bad. I'm currently running the BBR X with the stock mufflers and its not bad. It does have a minor drone between 1800 & 2k; not terrible but it annoys me. I'm gonna try the GT500 mufflers with the stock cats to see if that will work for me. If I still hate it, it means I'm getting old.

I second that! Just had them on for 3 weeks and already got tons of compliments. Just this afternoon some guy said to me, I quote "that car sounds awesome!"
I 3rd that. Have them 4 months now. Absolutely drone free & I'm sure your aware of the awesome sound. Expensive, but you get what you pay for!:winks

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Probably gonna go with the GT500 once they stock back up. Only case with an off road pipe where people report no droning although some are still reporting the drone with this setup. Want to eventually go supercharged so gotta get rid of the cats at some point heard they melt around 450whp

Probably gonna go with the GT500 once they stock back up. Only case with an off road pipe where people report no droning although some are still reporting the drone with this setup. Want to eventually go supercharged so gotta get rid of the cats at some point heard they melt around 450whp

ORX and GT500's do not drone. The ORX sound gets a little old after a while IMO, but no drone. Hissing maybe, no drone.

roush axel backs and steeda CAI. no drone. and can hear the CAI sucking in the air.

sounds so mean underneath a bridge. deff loud tho. But im 24 and I like it. Sounds like a real muscle car.

when cruising around 1500-2k, you wouldnt know i had roush axelbacks. But when you step on it from 3k-above... then you know i have em. :)

Borla S Type axle backs, no other mods... Yet! No drone at all, it is pretty loud though:)

I have the hush power and lethal o/r xpipe.... after adding the s/c .... it is too loud and it does drone a lot....I'm already researching a new axelback.

Can you go into more detail? Mine is a daily driver and I spend about 15 minutes on the freeway each day.

The hissing is just on cold starts. The damn thing juust sounds weird. There is no drone on the freeway. Some people might say there is drone, but all they are hearing is the exhaust and it's just a little louder than stock on the freeway.

What can I say, I'm 28 almost 29 and the whole super loud muscle car thing is getting old to me. I hated the way the ORX sounded on cold starts and I had a cold start rattle under the car with that setup that I could not find for the life of me. So I removed it. To each his own.

Magnaflow dealer kit 3" X-pipe and catback. Drones like a son-of-a-gun. Getting a couple of resonators installed next week, matter of fact.

MAgnaflow reps - hang your heads in shame!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.