·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I am going to kill myself, this pony is making me retarded. :evillol:

·
Registered
478 Posts
If I am on good dry pavement, I admit I will pull out in traffic in tighter spots than I did in my F150. And I have a super fun time on on ramps when no one is ahead of me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes this car makes me stupid. My IQ drops at least 100 points as soon as I put on the seat belt and start the car. I think it's part of the IUP if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
woodj said:
Yes this car makes me stupid. My IQ drops at least 100 points as soon as I put on the seat belt and start the car. I think it's part of the IUP if I'm not mistaken.
Intelligent Upgrade Package?

G

·
egad...this is the kind of post that makes mustang insurance soar...ahem..nghtrnnr isnt influenced by the roaring mustang engine at all.the mustang makes nghtrnnr drive slow...now the volvo on the other hand..the volvo makes nghtrnnr want to scorch the pavement

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nghtrnnr said:
egad...this is the kind of post that makes mustang insurance soar...ahem..nghtrnnr isnt influenced by the roaring mustang engine at all.the mustang makes nghtrnnr drive slow...now the volvo on the other hand..the volvo makes nghtrnnr want to scorch the pavement
It was a given on what your answer would be :laughlitt

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am still waiting for my car to get built, but I took one for a test drive a three weeks ago and oh my God is that car fast. I can't wait to wake up in the morning, look out in the garage, and see my dream car sitting there waiting for me to drive.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I swear it's only a matter of time before I get stopped by the cops. I'm 52 and have never had a ticket! But given an opening in traffic, I nail it way too often. Because of the way my car looks, people are always messing with me, and I can always see some Dork in a WRX or some other Fried Rice weaving thru traffic to get up next to me. On the interstate I can't help but do 80-85. That is a comfortable cruising speed, so I'm always having to back off a little. I've never been so "on the lookout" for the law! This is what happens to you in a GT!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Boss, that is my story exactly. Just a matter of time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tell everyone just turning the key takes 20 years off my age! :worship

Hadn't been pulled over by a cop for 18 years; had the Pony 3 weeks... busted by Wisconsin Hi-Way Patrol, middle of bum - nowhere, doing 70 in a 55... WTF is that, can't even brag over that one... Shouldn't have told the trooper "but this car idles at 70"....
I find myself hitting 120 on a smooth, newly-paved stretch of back road, with nothing but fields on each side for about 2 miles, on the way home from work at least once a week.

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's a direct current that runs through either the steering wheel or accelerator...not sure which, though. :shrug

Also, has anyone noticed their speedometer might be off? Passed one of those self-standing "you are doing xx" thingies (not sure what they're called) and it clocked me at 34, but the speedometer read 38. And I've noticed that I can be doing 75 on the freeway and be passed like I'm sitting still (even by little old ladies!). Going in for the 90 day check soon and am planning on asking them to calibrate it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
And I have a super fun time on on ramps when no one is ahead of me.
Yesterday on my way to work, I was getting on the interstate, just listening to the engine when I realized I was doing 110mph! HOLY @#$%

I am always cruising at 85 to and from work in this thing.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
egad...this is the kind of post that makes mustang insurance soar...
are you sure that liscense plates like yours isn't what makes insurance soar? that would be my luck, i get vanity plates like TO FAST, and my insurance company sees it and then get a letter in the mail, insurance hike.

kidding.

i can get higher rates just from the stupid stuff i do in the Stang. I cut off a Cobra on the highway because I thought he was gonna race me and a car was coming up in my lane. I regretted doing that to a fellow stanger afterwards.
plus, my wife gets anxious when i tell her to hold on to something everytime we get in the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep. I had a 71 Mustang. Many run in's with cops. Had trucks for 15 years and only one fix it ticket in truck but the 05 Mustang makes me go 100 MPH. It just loves to run. With the top down and on ramp clear so I can nail it the wife says it feels like a roller coaster.

G

·
Not since November for me... I'm starting to go through withdrawls! Something about it though, makes you just do dumb things sometimes, kind of what I picture fighter jocks and pushing the envelope n whatnot. I haven't had a ticket in mine yet, but I expect that's more luck than anything. This pony will run!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eyelleye said:
Not since November for me... I'm starting to go through withdrawls! Something about it though, makes you just do dumb things sometimes, kind of what I picture fighter jocks and pushing the envelope n whatnot. I haven't had a ticket in mine yet, but I expect that's more luck than anything. This pony will run!
Well here is a blast from the past :laughlitt , I thought I would be driving my pickup all winter but the weather has been pretty mild so I only had to drive it a couple times when we got a lot of snow. This morning we had about an inch of snow, and man did it slide, I was on the x-way and all of a sudden I saw red brake lights comming on and cars were sliding, I thought oh no! there goes my car, saw the one ahead of me comming up fast, luckily the antilocks helped a lot and saved my car from rear ending the guy, I was in the slow lane and about 5 car lengths behind. :worship

G

·
I've been real tempted to pull mine out of storage as we have had a very mild winter thus far as well. I haven't as even though we've not had much snow this year, we've frequently had "black ice" & I've already twice had the car sideways at 30mph on wet pavement... not something I'd like to repeat & I'm affraid it would be downright squirrly on ice.

Then there is the matter of the "chemical" mix they lay down on the main roads anytime it freezes. All the idiots in this town like to follow about 5 feet from each other (I swear they all woke up one morning and forgot how to drive without tailgating). Because of that, they lay down the chemical crap just about every day. I see what it does to my winter/beater... nice thick coat of tar & crap on it right now in fact. I can't say I want that on the 'stang.

Lastly, for the days its to clear & cold to use the chemical, they toss out sand on the roads. All I can think of when I see that is rock chips. Plus, there is the matter of my insurance being cheaper at the moment due to car in storage. I'm hoping that DOT gets the roads cleaned off in April or so and then I can pull my baby out of storage.

Of course, given all that, there is one 2005 GT in town I still occasionally see on the roads. I know of somewhere between 5 & 10 in town, but thus far only one on the roads this winter. The owner must have a bigger set than I do, thats for sure.

As an asside (off topic), I finally saw Tungsten in person. Very pretty color, but not as dark as I thought it would be. Kind of glad I didnt hold my 05 MG order up for it now... but then, perhaps thats just my own mental justification. I've seen other metalic grey's on Fords at the dealership... at least one of them would be the cat's behind on a 'stang.

Back on topic. My father drove my car once. He just turned...62 I believe. His primary comment after getting out of the car was "man, I could get in trouble with one of these!" He's a fairly sensible driver, but the car brings out the kid in him, thats for sure. '-)

·
Registered
145 Posts
No tickets yet with my GT but I go 80-100 everyday to school and back or wherever I go, always racing someone and **** haha its just so fun when im in like 2nd or 3rd and like 4krpm all the response I get I just cant resist gunning it and weaving =p

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've always had the knack for finding the openings in traffic. I look at least half mile ahead. A few throttle openings and I find that sweet spot between all others. It comes from my younger days in my 66 coupe hi-po engine and hi-po hydro-ponics.....:eyepoppin :eyepoppin My buddies and I use to drive to Galveston and skateboard on the seawall.

Now I just do it to be alone with my machine.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.