Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Still looking for a roots or twin screw supercharger I came up with the idea of puting a complete Cobra Intake manifold with stock blower onto my 2000 GT SOHC. They normaly go for pretty cheap money on ebay.
Since I was never a lucky guy who had the chance to compare a cobra intake (dimension wise) to a GT intake, I am wondering how much machining would be required to accomplish this task.
Has anybody ever done/tried that?
What mods, welding, millig, etc. was necesary?

Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I think the biggest thing is the ports are different shapes. Don't quote me on that, but I remember reading something about that before.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Not only are the ports shaped different but the ports may not even line up with each other. Someone would have to take some measurements to make sure. However, you would be better off using a Saleen or Roush setup. Those cars came with a roots style blower and had a 2 valve intake.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you are both right guys,

It just does not make a lot of sense to do all the work to convert something and make it a half a$$ solution, if you just can buy a well functionning kit.
The second thing would be even more of a pain in the a$$ - finding out the exact location, pattern of the ports, injector location, shape and size.......

Iguess I am just going to look for a cobra or a SC kit next year.
Thanks anyways

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.