Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I'm puttin' it here anyways. I was just getting into my car today and was watching one of those DSM (Spider, Eclipse?) cars pull out of the lot, had a fart can on the back. I was thinking, "why couldn't I have gotten out of the store just a couple of seconds sooner so I could mess with him". Turns out we were headed the same way, and I caught up with him at a left turn. Got behind him in the next left turn lane to the state highway (M-59), where some stupid moron was in the wrong lane trying to turn left too and forced me into the oncoming traffic lane if I wanted to hang with this guy, so I went around them sounding the horn. The left arrow was green and the guy got through, with me just a little behind. He was hammering it, and I was running through the gears, shifting at 7k and reeling him in. I hit 70 and back off, was beside him by then. I looked over, grinning, and he nodded at me. Up ahead the light turned red, not a car there. I'm thinking we got ourselves a race here, but he turned off into the always so handy Meijers parking lot. Some other day...

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I would say you got it in the right place. Like you said maybe some other day.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Oh you guys will meet again lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
MustangGT/CSowner

I'm sure you will see him again. :bigthumbsup But, I know exactly how you feel. I myself want to take on a GTO in the worst way, although I realize I would have my work cut out. Saw one last summer on the interstate, but heavy traffic and my exit coming up prevented a possible run with him. My day will come too. :shigrin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you will see him again. :bigthumbsup But, I know exactly how you feel. I myself want to take on a GTO in the worst way, although I realize I would have my work cut out. Saw one last summer on the interstate, but heavy traffic and my exit coming up prevented a possible run with him. My day will come too. :shigrin
No interstate runs for me. I'm running an '86 SVO, and although it'll turn in good numbers at the track I gotta use that 5 speed and those drag nittos to my advantage. On the highway I'm outta that car's element against you V8 boys...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.