Ford Mustang Forum banner

Door data plate decode

189 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Cobrajet67
Hello
I have a 2012 Mustang Club edition coupe in Red Lava. I have a worn through spot on the drivers side seat and some wear on the red insert on the passenger side seat bottom. I would like to get a vinyl repair kit for the drivers side, touch up the dye on both seats.

I have the data plate from the door that indicates interior color (INT TR) 4Z.

I cannot find a decoder to give the colors associated with 4Z to do the repair.

Help or a link would be appreciated. Thank you
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Greetings!

Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
If you need help posting, please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Someone will be along shortly to offer advice.
Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
I love the rare Lava Red color.
There is no repair kit that you can buy that will match the original leather or vinyl. You also almost certainly won't be able to find a dye to match the seat inserts either. Unfortunately, I think that you only have an upholstery shop as an option at this point. Ford no longer has the seat cover available and that would be the only possible do it yourself option.
Hello
I have a 2012 Mustang Club edition coupe in Red Lava. I have a worn through spot on the drivers side seat and some wear on the red insert on the passenger side seat bottom. I would like to get a vinyl repair kit for the drivers side, touch up the dye on both seats.

I have the data plate from the door that indicates interior color (INT TR) 4Z.

I cannot find a decoder to give the colors associated with 4Z to do the repair.

Help or a link would be appreciated. Thank you
Thank you,
I appreciate the feedback. I have to do something short of a total reupholster job.
Can you recommend a kit where I can blend colors to obtain as close a match is possible?
Thank you in advance.

Quinn
I love the rare Lava Red color.
There is no repair kit that you can buy that will match the original leather or vinyl. You also almost certainly won't be able to find a dye to match the seat inserts either. Unfortunately, I think that you only have an upholstery shop as an option at this point. Ford no longer has the seat cover available and that would be the only possible do it yourself option.
There is no kit that you're going to be able to buy yourself that will match the same exact color red and there isn't going to be decent repair kit for the black either.
You don't have to get the seats completely reupholstered. You just need to have them replace the inserts that are damaged. A competent shop should be able to match the colors pretty well with new material. They may be able to get an exact match with their database. I'm sure they can replace the bad section of black as well.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts