Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering about something, and came acorss a whole 'nother question, basically one of those blindside things that are always there but you never notice them...
Anyway, does anybody know what years fox's had a low mount interior door handle? Basically in the forward area of the rug/ just forward of where the map "bag" is on the interoir door of a 93? I always thought it was much more ergonomic than the high mount, plus it looked cool, lol
It occured to me that I don't recall ever seeing that on another fox other than my old '79. *but in fairness, I also hadn't been looking* Maybe it was just a mutant, LOL, but I didn't think much about it at the time, plus it was my first fox..
And how difficult would it be to adapt the "low" handles to a later model car?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ive never seen, nor heard of that. My 79 didnt have that, maybe it was custom... ;)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The '79 (not sure 'bout the '80) had the interior door latch handle down along the bottom of the door, kinda near where the speaker is on an '87-'93. In '81 they were definitely up at the top. I think the window crank was in a slightly different spot too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it might just have been a 79 thing, but wasn't sure, when I checked my manuals, they all had pictures of the reg top placement. One day I might even get the gumption to move mine down, IMHO it was a more comfortable position, and looked cool. :eyepoppin

Thanks
J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.