Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can find an Illustration or other on the interior of the door mehanism on 1967 coupe?
I looked all over the net seeing as I don't (yet) have any guides or books cause they're not for sale anywhere here.
Yesterday I pushed the door open and the whole thing fel down inside, leaving me unable to close it now.
I found all the parts on the bottom, but it hasn't made sence yet wich goes where, and seeing my previous experiences with mechanics over here, I want to fix the damn thing myself.
Any help very appreciated.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) If you go here The Care and Feeding of Ponies it has how the door latch works on a 65/66 car. The 67 door latch works in the same way, but the latch mechanism itself is put together a little different. Here is a picture of a 67 door latch. The outside door handle release rod is attached to the place indicated by the red arrow, the inside door handle release rod is attached to the point indicated by the yellow arrow, the outside door lock cylinder rod attaches to the place indicated by the blue arrow that's on the same side of the latch as the outside door handle rod, and the lock rod that the knob screws onto is the blue arrow on the same side as the inside door handle rod. Hope that helps.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, this helps a great deal, thanx.....again.
I'm also on this Dutch Mustang site where someone asked me some stuff and I said: 'well, I don't really know but there's this lady called Veronica on allfordmustang.com............'
Hope you don't mind. :D

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:) Why, thank you. I'm flattered.:) And, I'm sure that Scott and Cathy won't mind the extra international traffic either.:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's what you get for using a Dutch logo as you avater. :D
Alltough I hope Scott and Cathy aren't the names of your kids cause than I feel really bad. :(
Childeren before everything.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again. :) I thought that it was kind of cool to have a few television and radio stations named after me.:gringreen Scott and Cathy are the Hallidays. They are the owners of All Ford Mustangs. This site, that is. They don't actually own all Ford Mustangs. They left a couple of them for the rest of us to own.:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aaaah ok, sorry I didn't know that, I'm glad they don't own all the Ford Mustangs. :D
I thought you ment: "What, more people, but have 2 kids too, thanx a lot :mad:", hahaha.
I myself spend hours and hours on the net, sort of a selfstudy about my Mustang, I hate not knowing stuff about something, and anyone that has a question that I can't answer, wich are still many, get's redirected here.
Good things deserve good mouth to mouth advertising so to speak, like allfordmustang.com and well.....like you.
Keep up the good work. :bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.