Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered door skin covers and door panels from MP Products. They are nice looking and I've gotten the skin covers on but I'm having serious problems witht he panels. The holes that are cut out for the window and door handles are not allowing my handles to work. It seems the panels are too thick and not thin like the original panels and so the stems for the handles are recessed and I can't get my handles to work unless I push with enough strength to push the panel in. I need some suggestions...is there such a thing as an extension for those stems? I have clip on handles and extensions is what it seems to need. As always thanks for the help! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
are you sure that the door panel clips are good and are pushed in all the way into the holes in the door? If they're in tight the door panels should fit snug against the door. I don't have any problems with my repro door panels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are snug, but they are not the regular repos. they are a bit wider in thickness than the regular type. I will try to add a picture to show them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
You could try removing the backing springs to give yourself some more wiggle room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts