Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent a few hours trying to figure out how to run aftermarket wire from my new speakers through the door harnes into the interior. Tried fishing but the plastic connector on the body side of the boot seems tough to get through. Any one have any suggestions?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I reciently battled this myself. Here is what I did.
In the door jam, remove the rubber boot that goes over the plate. Once that has been removed, there is a gray plastic plate there with all the wiring for the door going through it. I though that was one side of a plug, but it is not. There is a plug on the "car" side of the hole that snaps in to that plate. But the plate itself is not a plug. It is merely a holder for the actual plug. So I popped the gray plate out of the hole, and with a small flat blade screwdriver I lifted the clips that hold the plug to the plate. Once they were separated, you can then stick your speaker wiring through the plate. The plug does not have to be snapped in to the back side of that plate. Looks like it is more for tension relief than anything else. And really doesn't do much for that either because the wires hold themselves up.
Anyway, by doing that you have room to run your wires. Just snap the plate back in to place and put the boot back on once you get the wiring through the rubber tube that goes to the door.

·
Registered
559 Posts
hawgman said:
I reciently battled this myself. Here is what I did.
In the door jam, remove the rubber boot that goes over the plate. Once that has been removed, there is a gray plastic plate there with all the wiring for the door going through it. I though that was one side of a plug, but it is not. There is a plug on the "car" side of the hole that snaps in to that plate. But the plate itself is not a plug. It is merely a holder for the actual plug. So I popped the gray plate out of the hole, and with a small flat blade screwdriver I lifted the clips that hold the plug to the plate. Once they were separated, you can then stick your speaker wiring through the plate. The plug does not have to be snapped in to the back side of that plate. Looks like it is more for tension relief than anything else. And really doesn't do much for that either because the wires hold themselves up.
Anyway, by doing that you have room to run your wires. Just snap the plate back in to place and put the boot back on once you get the wiring through the rubber tube that goes to the door.
Dear Hawgman,

Do you have to remove the entire door panel to replace the front speakers or can you unscrew the speaker bezel and get to the speaker from the inside door itself???

Dave :dunce:

·
Registered
767 Posts
You have to remove the door panel. The bezel does not come off.
But the door panels are pretty easy to remove.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts