Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the MAf changeover in 88*cali and all 89-93, there is no oter differences in the 87-93 foxes. Cause im looking at a possible purchase for a 87 fox 2,500 and i want a fox with tilt and maf so i was aiming for a 89, but converting over isnt to hard...bUT YAH just double checking!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ps. are Speed Density foxes, easier to Add F/i or is MAF foxes. I would guess maf but only because it adjusts.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
all maf cars are fuel injected already.

your best bet is the 89.

90 - 93 dont have tilt.

89 still has forged internals, as opposed to hyperwhateverthehell.

88 isnt bad though, i have one. runs great. maf isnt too hard to change to.

·
Registered
365 Posts
http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html
Heres a good link if you want to read up on how to convert to mass air so you can see how hard it is. This is what i used to help me do my conversion and it worked great. Oh, and i think he means Forced Induction when he says "F/i"... not fuel injection... or maybe not... i dunno. lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yea im not sure either. F/i... i dont think its much harder to type a few extra letters...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'd agree that your best bet is an 89 as well.

I have a 90 and it's not bad, I love it.

90s have Airbags... that's about all I know as far as differences go.

I think there might be a weight difference, as well!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah my prefs. are the 89 and then the 92 (no 87-88 or 93) but otherwise its all good im not gonna be too picky.
Was there t-tops in 89, i found a 89 t-top around here but it looks to have some weird rims on it and a werid spoiler.Im just curious i dont want a t-top at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.