Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a prostreet/drag car look with wheels and tires: biggest-fattest in the rear and safe skinnies front. I like the Weld wheel style and see 15 or 16 inch as the size I'll need to use. Any advice, suggestions, pics, problems? Are 15s good to go or is rotor clearance an issue? Thanks for any input-except negatory.:nogrinner
I have a 07 titanium GT coupe, 5 spd.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
add a line lock, rear seat delete, and tub it out a few more inches.

and it always looks faster and better with a parachute hanging off the back of it ( real or fake )

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
some ideas from our car

before new paint scheme

new paint scheme

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
that looks about right....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just like that

Yes, that what I'm talkin' 'bout. ForensicSteve-you got it!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and so...

What about wheel type, fitment problems etc

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It is a 4 inch cowl. Pretty common place at the strip. Rarely seen on the street and for good reason....vision obscurement. I would not go any higher than 3 inch for a regularly driven street vehicle. We have a lot going on under the hood and have very little clearance even with the 4 inch.

We may have the race look...but only because it is a track car....not really streetable any more. Who would want to drive around with metal bars all over the place? The car no longer has AC or windshield wiper or sound system. Right now the motor is being reworked and the engine bay gutted.

It may look cool but would get old, very quickly if driven any distance on the street. You will pay a high price and lose a lot of creature comforts by adopting a hard-core race car look.

Incidently, this is the sound of the car. OK for the 1/4, but again how far would you get on a public street???
cams021909b.flv video by forensicsteve - Photobucket

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
It is a 4 inch cowl. Pretty common place at the strip. Rarely seen on the street and for good reason....vision obscurement. I would not go any higher than 3 inch for a regularly driven street vehicle. We have a lot going on under the hood and have very little clearance even with the 4 inch.

We may have the race look...but only because it is a track car....not really streetable any more. Who would want to drive around with metal bars all over the place? The car no longer has AC or windshield wiper or sound system. Right now the motor is being reworked and the engine bay gutted.

It may look cool but would get old, very quickly if driven any distance on the street. You will pay a high price and lose a lot of creature comforts by adopting a hard-core race car look.

Incidently, this is the sound of the car. OK for the 1/4, but again how far would you get on a public street???
cams021909b.flv video by forensicsteve - Photobucket

jeese o peate....... i think i just set a new goal.... thanks for getting me in trouble....

actuly when i go S/C or T/C heads n cams are on the list.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just tires and wheels

I just like the look. I plan on some mods but it will stay streetable. I like the big and little tire setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.