Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i jsut picked up a pair of 18x9 and 18x10 Black Chrome FR500's from CruiznConcepts. I need some help. Whats a good size Drag Radial tire for the rear on them. I wanna go with the Mickey Thompson ET streets. Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I think your going to be limited on the 18" size. I looked at that last year but haven't looked at it lately. You could look on Summit or Jegs and see whats offered.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i am very limited. The only tire i know will fit are a set of Nitto 555s DR. But the local guys by me arent happy with that tire. They all switched to the MT et Street DR. :/

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'm running a 265/35 ET Street on 8.5 inch rims and it fits but probably just a hair too big for that rim. You should be able to go with a 285, but that really is only going to slow the car down. I don't see the power justification there with your mods. You'll be dead hooking at the track like I am now.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm. Now im thinking. Myabe i should just throw a set of MT ET Streets on my stock rears for the track and a set of street tires for the new wheels.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
hmmmm. Now im thinking. Myabe i should just throw a set of MT ET Streets on my stock rears for the track and a set of street tires for the new wheels.
I think that would be a good idea. You won't ware out the tires as fast.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that would be a good idea. You won't ware out the tires as fast.
yes i think ill do that idea. I resally like your tires travelers. The thick wall in the rear is really nice. If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase the tires from.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
yes i think ill do that idea. I resally like your tires travelers. The thick wall in the rear is really nice. If you dont mind me asking, where did you purchase the tires from.
I got them from a dealer out at Carlisle. Its called More Then Tires. They were the only ones that had the 295/45s that I could find.

Morethentire.com

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got them from a dealer out at Carlisle. Its called More Then Tires. They were the only ones that had the 295/45s that I could find.

Morethentire.com
Thank You! yes that tire size is hard to find. I know goodyear makes a 295/45/18 but its rather Expensive.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Thank You! yes that tire size is hard to find. I know goodyear makes a 295/45/18 but its rather Expensive.
Yea and they don't last. With all the bad press that Firestone got, I got 60K with my original tires on my 97 ranger. and the same with Bridgestones I got the same.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea and they don't last. With all the bad press that Firestone got, I got 60K with my original tires on my 97 ranger. and the same with Bridgestones I got the same.
I know what you mean. My Lightning came with the goodyears and they got dry rotted. Always low on air so i junked them.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
You can run what I'm running on my Shelby.

30-5/35 R18 work fine.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can run what I'm running on my Shelby.

30-5/35 R18 work fine.:bigthumbsup
i was looking into those bc MT makes a 305 DR. i didnt know if it would ft or not.. thats my one thing i am still learning, is tire sizes/specs.

·
Registered
714 Posts
MT has P305/45R18 as well

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
which do you think would work/look better. a 305/35 or a 305/45.

this may sound amusing to some of you, but what do the #s stand for.. i always wanted to know. sorry im not very smart with wheel/tire fitmant :/ kinda feel embarrsd asking that question lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.