Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an automatic Mustang 5.0 with 3.73 gears, and i'm confused what drag (semi slick) tire size to get with the Weld racing 15x10 :frustrated:

any opinion will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The tallest tire possible so you can knock down some of the gearing over the poor combo of 3.73's and the auto.

·
Registered
525 Posts
No. That's only 27.8" tall. You need a 28" tall tire like a 275/60-15.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Plenty of guys running that size tire on a 10" wheel. That's what you want.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just for point of reference I run the M/T 295/55-15's on my Weld RT-S wheels but I'm still running the stock 3.15's. I might step up to 3.31's and if I do I'll run a 275/60-15 on the same 10" wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can run a 325 on a 10" wheel. I do and so do a lot of people.

I'm running a 295 28" hoosier radial on 15x10 race stars, perfect for a 3.31 gear.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just for point of reference I run the M/T 295/55-15's on my Weld RT-S wheels but I'm still running the stock 3.15's. I might step up to 3.31's and if I do I'll run a 275/60-15 on the same 10" wheel.
Do you know which pad height wheel should be used with the RT-S for the brembo cars? Looking to get a set like yours, just unsure about the pad height options. Thx

·
Registered
525 Posts
Do you know which pad height wheel should be used with the RT-S for the brembo cars? Looking to get a set like yours, just unsure about the pad height options. Thx
Medium pad I believe. But if you order from the right place they'll know what you need. Mine fit Brembo brakes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Weld has a fitment guide on their site. I would go off that. It covers brembo and non-brembo cars.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Got it. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2014 with the sway bar relocation brackets. I have the 325/50/15's. M.T. drag radials.
are you running any type of springs with these? I was looking into these but was considering the Cobra Jet springs to go with them. I was concerned about fender rub with the combination.

Oh..that's great, what wheel size do you have..!?
Most use a 10 inch wheel with these but they'll fit up to a 12inch wheel if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
313 Posts
are you running any type of springs with these? I was looking into these but was considering the Cobra Jet springs to go with them. I was concerned about fender rub with the combination.

Most use a 10 inch wheel with these but they'll fit up to a 12inch wheel if I'm not mistaken
Totally stock suspension. No rubbing problems at all. I'm running Weld RT-S wheels.10X15' Medium pad. 7.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
How much of a loss would it be to run 15x8's in the rear, to avoid the cutting required to do the sway bar relocation brackets? Really wanting to jump on a set of welds, but do not want to have to cut things up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The brackets only require cutting a couple of OEM brackets . Very simple. The 10X15" are the way to go if you want to run the 325/50 tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts